Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealer just told me to take the hood bra off because subaru said that there is a recall on it for it blocking the hood scoop air flow.
This is damn stupid!:mad:

·
Registered
554 Posts
That sounds reasonable. I didn't buy one for that very reason, however if they fix the bra I will have to buy one, I am getting way too many chips in my bumper.

Justin

·
Registered
339 Posts
So how can I manipulate this recall to get my wife to take off her bra when she's in my WRX?:D

"Honey there's a recall on bras, so you'd better let those puppies out, cause your bra is blocking my intercooler."

Just might work.

·
2,210 Posts
Interesting; I run the vinyl bra and my dealer has never said anything whenever the car has been in for service.

Are you talking about the soft bra, or the big ugly plastic hood deflector that's intended for the RS? ..that one would definitely cause problems. If the recall is for the soft bra, please post all the details in 'Maintenance and Service'.

Cheers,
-Pace

·
Registered
473 Posts
Any more info on this? I have a Colgan bra on order. I don't see how it could block anything except for rocks.

·
Registered
166 Posts
koyokid said:
So how can I manipulate this recall to get my wife to take off her bra when she's in my WRX?:D

"Honey there's a recall on bras, so you'd better let those puppies out, cause your bra is blocking my intercooler."

Just might work.
Just for you:

:D

(I have one of these, BTW)

·
895 Posts
gryphon said:

Just for you:

:D

(I have one of these, BTW)
yeah

greg (in houston) sells those too.

he also has the same sticker, along with others that say "nitrous" or "vtech" or whatever instead of "turbocharger"

·
Banned
7,636 Posts
koyokid said:

Just might work.
LOL

·
Banned
7,636 Posts
pace said:
Interesting; I run the vinyl bra and my dealer has never said anything whenever the car has been in for service.

Are you talking about the soft bra, or the big ugly plastic hood deflector that's intended for the RS? ..that one would definitely cause problems. If the recall is for the soft bra, please post all the details in 'Maintenance and Service'.

Cheers,
-Pace
'

i've heard this from a number of sources on the soft bra, including 2 dealerships out here in MA.

dR

·
Registered
298 Posts
I've understood the problem not to be with the airflow to the intercooler, but with the airflow to the intake, look where it is, then look where your bra fits. I haven't put one on an Impreza but from previous experiences in other cars that makes a lot of sense with that narrow little intake, wouldn't take much to reduce the flow into it.

??

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
koyokid said:

Just might work.
LOL, that is just too funny!:D

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just called subaru, they confiremd the "recall," it's really a stop sell order i was told. I get a full refund and they took a case # and said if dealer gave me guff, just phone and they will resolve.

A+

·
Registered
785 Posts
Take that money and buy a clear bra or "stonegard". It will protect you from rock chips and not block your airflow.

·
Registered
310 Posts
FUNKED1 said:
Any more info on this? I have a Colgan bra on order. I don't see how it could block anything except for rocks.
I got a Colgan also, perfect fit. I did cut the underside part which is on top of the ram air intake just to be sure nothing block the airflow. So far so good.

Gotta have the bra cause there are way too many dump trucks on the highway :( It comes off during the weekends :D

·
Banned
7,636 Posts
the vinyl bra has a raised lip on the tip of the hood. air that normall streams over the nose, up the hood into the scoop is thereby deflected off this lip. i imagine the bug delflector would act similarly

dR

1 - 17 of 17 Posts