Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will I be able to hear a boomba bpv with stock intake on a 2015 WRX and also if I get a moshimoto intake that states it requires no tune is that true

·
Æternum
15,864 Posts
Will I be able to hear a boomba bpv with stock intake on a 2015 WRX and also if I get a moshimoto intake that states it requires no tune is that true
You would do well to remap the ECU for any intake regardless of what the manufacturer claims.

Why are you installing a different BPV?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I want to be able to hear it I want noise Ower isn't important it's quick enough for the roads around here

·
Æternum
15,864 Posts
I want to be able to hear it I want noise Ower isn't important it's quick enough for the roads around here
I would HIGHLY recommend that you consider functionality before sound.

That being said, an SRI will allow you to hear the BPV a bit more, but you will need an ECU mapping solution. Today, your only real options are Cobb and ECUTEK.

I'll be honest with you -- the "BOV sound" is super ricey. That's a whole lot of money to spend on something so vane.

·
Super Moderator
11,457 Posts
Has to be tuned for the intake. This topic has been beaten to death.

There isn’t any reason to install an aftermarket bypass valve, it is a complete waste of money and effort.

·
Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with
6,611 Posts
There isn’t any reason to install an aftermarket bypass valve, it is a complete waste of money and effort.
I replaced mine with an aftermarket unit because the stock one was leaking. You can't even notice I have it.

·
Super Moderator
11,457 Posts
I replaced mine with an aftermarket unit because the stock one was leaking. You can't even notice I have it.
True I misspoke that is a reason. In general there is no reason to replace a functioning bpv on a stock car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts