ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, new here and new to wrx ownership. Just got a ‘14 all stock, no mods yet. My list is long but one of the things I cannot find any answer to is the existence of a BPV SPACER. I have read multiple articles discussing such a device. From what I understand it is an additional plate or block that you can put under the stock BPV that allows it to act similarly to a BOV by venting a selectable (50/50 or 100%) amount of the air to atmosphere. I have not been able to find any products/reviews of such a setup but I’m hoping y’all can provide insight. On this same note, is there and aftermarket BOV that is selectable in the amount of air vented so as not to lose some of that pressure to keep throttle response? Thanks in advance.

·
Æternum
20,940 Posts
No.

You can do better for your car.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: a5m

·
11,953 Posts
What would be better?
The factory BPV.

This has been discussed in circles, but I'll give you the cliff notes. The MAF based engine management system does not support blow off valves of any sort. It requires full recirculation of the air.

·
BooSTIng
2,866 Posts
There is a lot of information here about why an atmospheric BOV is bad for your car and can cause damage. XJ hit the major points in summary. In order to safely run and tune for a BOV you must have a speed density sensor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts