ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alot of people are having my problem it seems. I'm not achieving full boost. I only have an analog boost gauge, which I'm reaching about half way between .5 and 1. I checked a few of my couplings and havnt found any leaks. Could my BPV be bad? Any ideas?

Also curious if anyone knows where our rev limiter kicks in. I've def more than redlined once or twice.

·
Registered
0 Posts
in what gears are you noticing your reading ?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its pretty consistent throughout gears. I only hit close to bar when I'm at WOT and higher RPMS. Still not reaching bar however. I had a friend ride along one night and commented that he thought he could hear a slight leak. Idk if hes full of it though.

·
Registered
0 Posts
its pretty consistent throughout gears. I only hit close to bar when I'm at WOT and higher RPMS. Still not reaching bar however. I had a friend ride along one night and commented that he thought he could hear a slight leak. Idk if hes full of it though.
wtf how do u hear a leak from inside the car :confused:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought it was just the turbo spooling to be honest.

You and I have had this late night convo before about my boost leak. I checked my couplings. I just need to take my TMIC off and check my y-pipe sometime too to be sure.

·
Registered
0 Posts
what are your mods again ?

·
Registered
0 Posts
i dont think u are ever suppose to see 1bar.... stock wrx boost is 13.5psi which is like 1 click away from 1 bar

but def. take off the intercooler and see whats up.. also where is ur guage hooked up to ?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Idk. However it comes from the factory. I understand i should hit just under. But im hitting 2-3 notches shy of bar. Thats only about 11psi im estimating.

·
Registered
0 Posts
ahhhh what is you Altitude

·
Registered
0 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts