ClubWRX Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not much of a race (lasted about 5 seconds). Was cruising along a four lane highway with no traffic but a Porsche ahead. He saw I was driving a little faster than he so he moved over to the right. I kept right along waiting to see if he was going to just let me pass or try to show me up. I kept the Rex in 3rd going about 60 and sure enough when I got up to his bumper he gunned it so I followed and still passed him. When he saw that I started pulling instead of falling back he let off. I do not think my car is any faster than a Boxter S but I know I should be as fast 1/4= 13.7
I don't know what happened, but I enjoyed pulling on a Porsche.
BTW the 959 is my dream car

·
Registered
227 Posts
not that my car is a speed demon but, I've walked on a Boxter S as well. I figured that he was just making me feel good.... he still goes home and knows he has a porsche. I go home and still want a porsche.

·
Registered
78 Posts
you dont want that type of porsche, only porsche made in america, those are pos's. slow, worthless, and have the same reliability as american vehicles. It's inevitable you would beat that fool. Next time you see one, just laugh at the idiot who purchased it, that's what i do.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I raced a porche 911 turbo. Looked like the older one but in great shape. Spanked him silly. Not with my 14 sec rex of course. Had my cbr954. Those cars eat rex's for breakfast. in a straight line and with enough room, they'll top out at around 180+.

·
Registered
21 Posts
tytlyf said:
you dont want that type of porsche, only porsche made in america, those are pos's. slow, worthless, and have the same reliability as american vehicles. It's inevitable you would beat that fool. Next time you see one, just laugh at the idiot who purchased it, that's what i do.
Just to clarify. No Porsche is made in America. Boxster and Boxster S models are made in Sweden by Valmat and some are made in Stuttgart by PAG. :)

·
6,298 Posts
Hmmm...I thought the boxster was only made "for" America, not "in" America. Could be wrong though.

Good kill BTW. I ranked on 3 different Boxsters, including an S when I had my stock WRX. All from stoplights, no top end check. It was embarrising for the Porsche every time.

·
Registered
358 Posts
YBNormal07 said:
Hmmm...I thought the boxster was only made "for" America, not "in" America. Could be wrong though.

Good kill BTW. I ranked on 3 different Boxsters, including an S when I had my stock WRX. All from stoplights, no top end check. It was embarrising for the Porsche every time.
Boxsters are well sold all over the world. One thing people have to understand is that Porsche didn't make this car to go fast, they made the car to pay homage to the 550 Spyder and made the car for people to have affordable fun like they did with the 914, 944 and 968.

With that said, the only Boxster that can give the WRX a good run is the Boxster S, but once you put them on the track I believe the Boxster S will be a clear winner if the WRX is stock.

·
Re-Addicted to WRX
1,908 Posts
:rotfl: Sweet ownage...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.