Subaru WRX Forum banner

Boxerfest 2015

21K views 114 replies 24 participants last post by  EJ257 
#1 ·
Is anyone else going to Boxerfest on April 25th? I plan on going as well as a few other local subies. Anyone along the way in Hagerstown, Frederick, etc that wants to meet up and cruise down together let me know so we can plan it out. I do intend on getting the premium ticket so I can get in an hour early. I went last year and it was a blast!

#9 ·
Dude you should def come, it would be a lot of fun for you. I also plan on going to the Ocean City AWD meet in June. Both are a lot of fun. Basically its a huge Subaru only car show with free stuff, food, auto cross, lowest car limbo, loudest exhaust contest, and much more. It is most def a good time.

#7 ·
It was fun last year. You can tell it was their first time running it though, I don't think they anticipated the amount of people that would be there. Great vendors there with good sales, SoA brought the 22b there to look at, free stuff like goody bags, stickers, and monster energy were given out. I always really enjoyed watching the autoX. Only bad thing I can say about last year was the food. The food was good, but they didn't have enough there. You literally had to wait in line for a hour to get food. but apparently they are bringing in more food trucks for this year. Cant wait!

And Zax, you're going. You just don't know it yet lol.

#17 ·
Oh yea. This is not your typical meet at starbucks lol. Last year I would estimate about 500 cars total. And 95% of them were subarus. And last year was the first time they did the Boxerfest meet. I'm sure you have heard of it, but boxerfest is thrown by the same people that do the Wicked Big Meet.

And to anyone wanting to do a cruise in together, I plan on taking 68 from Cumberland, to I-70, to I-270 S, then 495 E. Anyone close, or along the way we can make a meeting spot and time to pick people up along the way. Last year I cruised in with 4 subies. I want over 10 this time!

#22 ·
This sounds fantastic. I think I might feel kinda..."under dressed" going there in a bone stock bugeye though. I also have a hard time walking long distances because I just recently got my prosthetic leg and am still using crutches to get around. I'll be a little further along come April, but I'm worried I won't enjoy myself or get to a lot of the events without a lot of problems. After walking with my prosthetic for more than a couple hours, the rubber stocking fills wit sweat and my stump shrinks, causing the prosthetic to spin around which makes it impossible to walk. I wonder if they rent Segways there?

#23 ·
I think I'm gonna talk it over with myt Brother/Housemate and see if Hell go there with me. He doesn't own a Subbie, but He loves Him some imports and would definitely appreciate this kinda thing. Anyone going from Richmond, Henrico, James City Co., York Co. or Newport News/Hampton area? I'm in Williamsburg and no matter what I enjoy doing there's never anyone here who does it. Nothing but oblivious college kids disconnected from reality or half blind half deaf old people around here. Of course the only car enthusiasts around here are racist ******* muscle car guys or snot nosed shwag f*g Honda fanboys. Its lonely living here.

#33 ·
Well this is BOXERfest, so hopefully it will be 50% Porsche, 10% BMW R-series, and 5% old VW air-cooled H4s. That leaves only 35% Subarus :x:

#36 ·
I'm buying my premium tickets this weekend.
I'll set up another Frederick meet before the Boxerfest.
I'm up for meeting and traveling with a group of subies!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.