are BOVs illegal in california?

and also..........

are MBCs illegal in california?

sorry.... im not really good with all these laws:p
California has too many laws!!!!!!!:mad:

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have a GFB BOV that I just set to 100% vent ( just wanna see how loud it is ). I'm pretty sure they are legal. I've had my hood popped by cops twice now and they didn't say anything about it, probably because they didn't know what it was.

·
: : J-Lovin Moderator: :
556 Posts
Bov is not legal anywhere. Because if fully vents into the air. Well a friend was saying something about it. Its illigal because its not good for the enviroment. Also he said you wont pass emmisions with it. Im not sure though. But I'm pretty sure bov's are not legal anywhere. Dont worry though, its not like there gonna give you a ticket for it.

Jason

·
Registered
202 Posts
PhreeZe said:
Bov is not legal anywhere. Because if fully vents into the air. Well a friend was saying something about it. Its illigal because its not good for the enviroment. Also he said you wont pass emmisions with it. Im not sure though. But I'm pretty sure bov's are not legal anywhere. Dont worry though, its not like there gonna give you a ticket for it.

Jason
No offense to you, but your friend doesn't really know what he is talking about. BOV's let off only compressed air, as in Nitrogen/Oxygen. BOV's effects on emmissions, I don't know, but they do absolutely no harm to the environment.

Maybe he was thinking about open air wastegates which are far from legal.

Somebody correct me if Im wrong

·
Registered
298 Posts
Flex said:

No offense to you, but your friend doesn't really know what he is talking about. BOV's let off only compressed air, as in Nitrogen/Oxygen. BOV's effects on emmissions, I don't know, but they do absolutely no harm to the environment.

Yes, a BOV only releases air into the atmosphere, not anything harmful.

·
: : J-Lovin Moderator: :
556 Posts
Flex said:

Haha I dont care. I was just saying what a friend told me :) But your probably right though. So its only compressed air huh. Hmmm good to know! Sorry for the misleading information!

Jason

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
whoa..........
thats a relief!!!:D
it took me a stressing 10 min. to get that recirc. hose on

can anybody know where i can find out if it will pass the smog test or not
thank you for the replies

1 - 8 of 8 Posts