ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
There's a sticky in the Engine Modifications subforum you should read.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
Yep.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well thank you guys but i'm not gonna install no bov....and one more question ..can i replace my hood scoop with a 04 sti hood scoop? i have an 02 wagon

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
sale-qggu3-27694 said:
well thank you guys but i'm not gonna install no bov....and one more question ..can i replace my hood scoop with a 04 sti hood scoop? i have an 02 wagon
The OE STI scoop does not fit. There are replicas on eBay, but they look like crap. Look for the JDM scoop, if you want anything.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
slow down!! Your jumping into this with zero research. Don't just buy stuff and throw it on for the hell of it. Do research on every part you buy, before you buy.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
That includes reading all the stickies which would have answered your question in this thread. Do not put a BOV on your car. Also, you don't need an intake until much higher power levels. What are your goals for the car?

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
what intake? Thats hugely important. Also, they are wheels, not rims. And use quality struts/springs to drop it and do the little things to go with that (alignment)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
it is an injen intake and i was thinking of using tein lowering springs or tein flex coilovers to drop the car ...and the wheels i have right now are 18" which i think it's too big i'm actually looking for the stock 02 wheels .

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
I could be wrong but I'm pretty positive the Injen intake requires a tune. You would be better off buying a stock intake or trading for one. Tein sucks, their springs aren't great and their low-end coilovers are complete crap. You don't need coils unless you plan on tracking the car and even then anything under 2k is a waste of your time. Look into higher quality struts and springs, Tokico, KYB, swift, RCE, Mach V, Podrive etc.

As for looking at stock wheels, thats probably a good idea. Don't pay more than $200 for a set of 02-03s without tires, usually they can be found for around $100. If you like the thought of a different style or 17" look into some stock WRX wheels from other years. STI wheels will only work if they are from an 04, any other year has the wrong bolt pattern. Newer WRX wheels will bring a little more money so plan on spending slightly more. 04 STI wheels (BBS's) bring big $$ and are hard to find.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i found some 02 wheels and the tires have about 50k of life on them the guy wants $300 and i'm a look a little bit more into the intake ..like i said i'm new to the suby world

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
Injen intakes are complete garbage, especially on 02-03 WRXs. They are known to skew MAF readings and cause idle problems as well as acceleration problems.

Better off ditching it for a stock airbox or an SPT/Cobb/K&N Typhoon intake.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Injen intakes are complete garbage, especially on 02-03 WRXs. They are known to skew MAF readings and cause idle problems as well as acceleration problems.

Better off ditching it for a stock airbox or an SPT/Cobb/K&N Typhoon intake.
Or AEM

1 - 16 of 16 Posts