ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I bought my first new car, and I went with a wrx, my other dream car( other is a 67 camaro, already got that). It will be here Friday and I can't wait. Just thought I would introduce myself since I'm new. The first 500 miles are going to be TORTURE lol

·
and the Funky Bunch
6,124 Posts
Welcome and congrats!

The break-in period is 1000 miles, I'm afraid :(

·
and the Funky Bunch
6,124 Posts
It definitely is, to paraphrase the manual you are supposed to drive it easy for the first 1000 miles, no hard starts or stops except in an emergency, and don't rev past 4000 rpms.

·
Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers?
785 Posts
Yup - 1000 miles it is. Consider it a bit of getting to know each other time before you unleash the best. Enjoy it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And my dealer said 3000 not 4000. I'm goin to tdefinately look it up in the manual once it gets here Friday, thanks for the heads up guys.

·
and the Funky Bunch
6,124 Posts
No problem! Personally I kept it to 3000 for the first 250 or so, but after that I did creep into the 3000's and giving it about half throttle. There's guys on the board here who know their way around these cars that suggested you do want to let it taste a little boost in the break-in period.

·
and the Funky Bunch
6,124 Posts
Lol, yeah, I found lots of excuses to drive, and also found myself driving just to drive. I killed that 1000 miles in the first ten days haha. In the 2 weeks and change since I've added under 400, so that gives you an idea how much more driving than usual I was doing ;)

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the car, the break in period is a very hard time haha

1 - 10 of 10 Posts