ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 02 WRX about 3 weeks ago. It currenty has 85k on it. The PO did a couple things to the car. He installed a Cobb AP, and is set at stage 2. It has a turbo back prodrive exhaust, and a hks bypass valve (50/50). I think with stage 2 the car is suppose to be running 16-17 pounds of boost??--thats what is showing on the boost guage....I do have the AP for the car, but have not hooked it up at all....

Is this set-up OK for the car?? As far as not hurting the motor at all??

I know he said he was using redline senthetic oil in the car, and rediline oil for the diffs.

I am new to suabru's, so I really dont know too much about them yet... I do know that the car runs pretty good....

Anyone have any idea what it should run in the 1/4?? I dont plan on taking it to the track, but just wondering if anyone else has with the same set up...

·
Premium Member
15,697 Posts
I bought a 02 WRX about 3 weeks ago. It currenty has 85k on it. The PO did a couple things to the car. He installed a Cobb AP, and is set at stage 2. It has a turbo back prodrive exhaust, and a hks bypass valve (50/50). I think with stage 2 the car is suppose to be running 16-17 pounds of boost??--thats what is showing on the boost guage....I do have the AP for the car, but have not hooked it up at all....

Is this set-up OK for the car?? As far as not hurting the motor at all??

I know he said he was using redline senthetic oil in the car, and rediline oil for the diffs.

I am new to suabru's, so I really dont know too much about them yet... I do know that the car runs pretty good....

Anyone have any idea what it should run in the 1/4?? I dont plan on taking it to the track, but just wondering if anyone else has with the same set up...
Sounds like a good setup except for the BOV. The boost level sounds fine, the AP is great, and the exhaust is good for stage II. Look at the big BOV thread though (search).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts