ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife has constantly *****ed that I take our street too slow (there is a lip) so I finally took it quicker and of course bottomed out (instant karma).. It looks like I cracked the front bumper on the bottom and it looks awful. It looks like this part is all one unit around $205 unpainted on some website. Has anyone else done this and have any suggestions? Is it something I can buy painted and get replaced or do I need to take it to a shop. I am aware that I am a car newb but I do want to learn so I am willing to buy some tools even if it comes out more expensive. Its a 2011 Black WRX. Suggestions are welcome... really foul mood right now b/c I just bought this car.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I put a couple of very nasty cracks in the front bumper/valance of my 06 WRX. Complete replacement was my only option and for most body shops you are looking 950 to 1100 dollars. You might be able to tackle it with some help but I think you'd definately want to have the replacement painted by a good shop. I'd also be wary of "internet specials" when it comes to the actual part. I think you'd be better off spending the money on an actual factory replacement part. That way you know it's going to be an exact match, fit properly and be made of good quality materials.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I put a couple of very nasty cracks in the front bumper/valance of my 06 WRX. Complete replacement was my only option and for most body shops you are looking 950 to 1100 dollars. You might be able to tackle it with some help but I think you'd definately want to have the replacement painted by a good shop. I'd also be wary of "internet specials" when it comes to the actual part. I think you'd be better off spending the money on an actual factory replacement part. That way you know it's going to be an exact match, fit properly and be made of good quality materials.
I ended up having it fixed by insurance because it was going to be ~758 dollars. My deductible is only 250 and the 'accident' was considered not at fault b/c the street is unlevel (I have Geico insurance). The repair job was in and out of the shop in 1 day (True2Form in Raleigh, NC). I am very impressed. It looks great.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I ended up having it fixed by insurance because it was going to be ~758 dollars. My deductible is only 250 and the 'accident' was considered not at fault b/c the street is unlevel (I have Geico insurance). The repair job was in and out of the shop in 1 day (True2Form in Raleigh, NC). I am very impressed. It looks great.
Glad to hear you have resolved the issue and are happy with the results. 758.00 is a very reasonable too. I went to several different shops here in so-cal and found only one that would give me a quote at less than a grand. Now that I'm driving a 12 STI and after reading of your experience I'm giving some consideration to having the lip added to my front end as extra insurance so to speak. Since this area is basically coastal desert the temperature here is much more moderate than North Carolina but I do spend time driving in the mountains and it can get down into the high teens on occasions. It fact it was up there that I did the damage to my WRX so perhaps that was at least partially because the bumper was brittle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts