Registered
8,886 Posts
right now for me... 24 which starts the new season in a week
sopranos - im watchin the dvds close to finishing the first season
and NBA basketball when it starts up soon

·
Registered
8,886 Posts
i have not seen the show... i hear bout it on the radio, gets good reviews, but i never remember its on. im either on here, playin some comp game or out with the gf. hopefully ill catch one sometime alot of their plots seem entertaining

·
Banned
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tarheel42k said:
I haven't watched any of it this season, but I have seen it before and it's pretty damn good.
The first epsidoe of this season was last night.
Boy, they cover very contraversal issues.
Girl as baby in school, and teacher finds it and says she left it on the floor, later she admits to the police she found it in the toliet bowl, and the mother is charged with attempted murder.
One of Harry senates students is a hoooker, and he doesnt know that, he sees her on the streets and gets arreseted, her dad pimps her out.
mr senate hits his girlfriend jeri ryan (from star trek, forgot her character name)
There is a riot in school, people beating eachother up, vandalizing and such.

·
Registered
932 Posts
You want high school drama? Come to NYC!

Reading the local paper this morning, I ran across two stories that reminded me of this thread. From the 10/23/02 edition of the Daily News:

"A hallway knife fight at a Queens high school left a student with a punctured lung. Malcolm Williams, 19, plunged a 6-inch steak knife into 18 y.o. Darnell McCall's chest. Tension had brewed over $130 supposedly taken from the victim's locker."

"Violence erupted at two more Queens high schools, with four students slashed and a school safety officer beaten in separate incidents. The victims - all teenage boys - were slashed across their backs and shoulders by a group of 8 youths armed with knives and screwdrivers in a dispute over a stolen jacket."

·
Registered
8,886 Posts
bedabi said:
You want high school drama? Come to NYC!

Reading the local paper this morning, I ran across two stories that reminded me of this thread. From the 10/23/02 edition of the Daily News:

"A hallway knife fight at a Queens high school left a student with a punctured lung. Malcolm Williams, 19, plunged a 6-inch steak knife into 18 y.o. Darnell McCall's chest. Tension had brewed over $130 supposedly taken from the victim's locker."

"Violence erupted at two more Queens high schools, with four students slashed and a school safety officer beaten in separate incidents. The victims - all teenage boys - were slashed across their backs and shoulders by a group of 8 youths armed with knives and screwdrivers in a dispute over a stolen jacket."
jeebus, I havent seen a fight in 4 years at my highschool

·
Banned
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ebr0t said:

jeebus, I havent seen a fight in 4 years at my highschool
Im guessing home schooled :D
And sideswipe, we seem to have alot in common :)
also your right NYC is fooked up.

·
Registered
132 Posts
it WAS a good show when it first came out but like most shows on fox or the wb they end up becoming soap operas with way too much overacting. same as 24, charmed, etc....

·
Registered
679 Posts
Yes 24 and Boston Public are my two favorite shows. Definately great stuff.

Although, there is a bit TOO much drama to all occur at one school, esp in 1-2 yrs. But that's TV I guess.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Boston Public is another one of David E. Kelley's success stories, besides marrying Michelle Pfeiffer. I love that damn show. So, what happened to that other blonde teacher with the big nose? What do you guys think of New Kids on the Block's Joey McIntyre as a teacher?

Definitely entertaining stuff.

·
Banned
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
M Roadster+WRX said:
Boston Public is another one of David E. Kelley's success stories, besides marrying Michelle Pfeiffer. I love that damn show. So, what happened to that other blonde teacher with the big nose? What do you guys think of New Kids on the Block's Joey McIntyre as a teacher?

Seems damn cool, I dont remember being a student though.

·
Registered
679 Posts
M Roadster+WRX said:

I don't know what happened to that other teacher. She was hot. Jerry Ryan is good too. Very well equipped. :D :cool:

·
Registered
220 Posts
Yo....by the way.....how did the first episode go for the 3rd season. I missed it because of freakin class. But I will not miss it tonight....no late night classes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts