ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any pictures of a Bosal Single-Tip exhaust or the SPT catback (made by Bosal) on their car? A car?

Thanks, I've look through tons of galleries and found nothing. :(

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I guess I'll just assume it is shiny and silver and the hole comes out the back of the car... :(

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the pic, it looks pretty good. I don't have the same body style as you (03 sedan), but I imagine it will line up similar.

That is with the stock exhaust hangers correct?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Yes. Stock hangers worked perfectly. There is NO reason to get aftermarket hangers with the single tip. People do say you need long hangers for the double tip though.

The only thing that was a pain about the install, was that their supplied bolts are no good (well-known fact) so you have to re-use the stock ones... which normally wouldn't be a problem, but on the Bosal it makes things a little difficult.

See... the stock catback bolts have springs on them, and because the flange on the Bosal catback is thicker than stock, you will need to use locking pliers to squeeze the springs so you can get the nut on the bolt. An alternative would be to buy longer bolts and re-use the stock springs, with some washers. If I had it to do over again, I'd definitely just buy longer bolts. It would've saved me an hour of cursing, and the install would've been EASY.

So my advice to you is, get this catback (can't beat it for the price, and it sounds mean as hell) and find out what mm the stock bolts are and just buy some longer ones.
-Vin

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Will do, thanks for all your help.

I'm gonna' put the stock exhaust through the salt, snow, and general misery of winter...but as soon as the roads clear up I'll be grabbing one.

So I'm waiting a half of a year, but considering the money I've spent so far, that's prolly a good thing. :)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, I've ordered everything from Oakos so far as I live in MI. Everything has been perfect except for my Kartboy knob came with a nick on it.

I get everything Next Day whether it be UPS ground or USPS express mail... lol!

·
Registered
54 Posts
just wondering if any of you guys have experiences with the exhaust tip touching the bumper with the spt/bosal single tip? when i first installed it the tip didnt touch but after a while it touches now permanently. All the hangers are in tact, i cant figure it out.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Nah... mine doesn't rub... except for the time I backed into a cement pylon and bent the tip. lol. I just bent it back though.

That's strange that it was fine at first and how it rubs. Something must've gotten bent or something somewhere along the line.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts