ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi has anyone done a turbo-back with a Helix catted DP and the Bosal Cat Back TWIN TIP? I'm thinking of getting this combo. Will I have any problems getting the two to play together(like with leaks)? Thanks.

·
Banned
12,156 Posts
i don't think the helix ends in the flexible donut gasket style that the OE pipes do. i think they just put a regular flange on it.

if that's the case, the bosal may not seal up. there have been a couple posts about this i believe.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I used to have that combo...I ordered another donut gasket from subaruparts.com and This fixed it although a bit messy..the leak is the worse at the top of the seal...i am now running stock catback.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I have the Invidia d/p (same design as helix) and it didn't mate up to the bosal twin tips. there was a big leak right between the flange. i went to a muffler shop and told them to cut the midpipe a little bit over half. cut it like 2 inch away from the midpipe flange. this will let the midpipe be able to flex to mate the flange right up to my invidia d/p. after that the shop welded up the part that was cut and i have no leak problem at all. the bosal is a very classy exhaust if you ask me. i love it!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Other solution to try. . .

http://www.i-club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72918

Donut gasket from midas part# EN1493 -- its a bigger donut gasket than the stock gasket (cheaper too). I havent tried it (don't have my helix dp with cat yet), but it looks like it may solve fitment issues.

Edit:
Yeah I know that the linked thread is about the borla hush CB and Helix DP , but it sounds like the same issue as some have with the bosal CB.

·
Registered
158 Posts
dinoWRX said:
http://www.i-club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72918

Donut gasket from midas part# EN1493 -- its a bigger donut gasket than the stock gasket (cheaper too). I havent tried it (don't have my helix dp with cat yet), but it looks like it may solve fitment issues.

Edit:
Yeah I know that the linked thread is about the borla hush CB and Helix DP , but it sounds like the same issue as some have with the bosal CB.
Thanks for the link and the midas part number...VERY helpful!!! :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
The union of two pipes with different types of flanges is never going to be perfect. It is possible to get the two to work together with no leaks, however the union of the two will always be less than perfect and you might have to check on it from time to time. Swapping out donut gaskets can be a pain.

Please let me know if you have more questions. [email protected]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts