ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas, just bought a wrx this is my first subie, i'm running a dual stage boost control selenoid (13 and 17psi) and I was just wondering when you guys recommend switching to 17psi. Will the 17 give me better gas mileage on the highway or would it be dangerous to run it for an hour or two at a time at that boost level. What kind of boost are you guys running? Thanks

2002 Subaru wrx
Perrin up-pipe
Perrin y-pipe
Perrin Down-pipe
Perrin Turbo inlet pipe
Perrin Short ram intake
Turbo xs dual stage boot controller (13psi-17psi)
Hks Hi power Catback
Borla headers
Autometer boost gauge
Greddy Blow off-valve
Accessport with custom maps

·
Good news, everyone!
3,856 Posts
Are your custom maps made to work with the differences in boost pressures? If not, you shouldn't be using the dual stage boost controller for changing pressures, you should be using a different map for each, and maybe a 3-port BCS to hold the boost better over stock (requires more tuning).

Arbitrarily changing up boost pressures without fine tuning timing and fuel is a recipe for disaster and should be avoided at all costs.

·
Premium Member
10,943 Posts
Are your custom maps made to work with the differences in boost pressures? If not, you shouldn't be using the dual stage boost controller for changing pressures, you should be using a different map for each, and maybe a 3-port BCS to hold the boost better over stock (requires more tuning).

Arbitrarily changing up boost pressures without fine tuning timing and fuel is a recipe for disaster and should be avoided at all costs.

^^ what he said

And your boost setting is going to have nothing to do with what mpg you'll get on the highway.. unless you're pushing 17psi while you're cruising. :rolleyes:

My car never even hits boost while cruising on the highway.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts