ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i have been having this problem for about a month now and was wondering if anyone can shead some light on my problem.

im tuned for 19.99 PSI (06 STi Stage 2 +FMIC XPT tune)

this is whats going on.

when im crusing going about 3-4k RMP and i go WOT in 4th i Get 20.2 PSI.
when i do that in third i get 18.4 PSI
i do it in 5th i get 20.4
so im hitting target boost no knocking what so ever

the thing that is killing me is that when i run threw the gears from first to fifth i get no where near what im suppose to get. ill peeak out at 17.2 PSI and thats it. it has been pissing me off. the guy that made the map for me told me that it is because since i am high in rpm when im going threw the gears the turbo does not have enough time to push the proper air threw + my altitude is also killing me.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Hey Braden tuned your car too!!! Your always going to see lower boost in lower gears and higher boost in higher gears. As long as the car isn't over boosting or osolating you will be fine. The people at enginuity are working on per gear WGDC comp as we speak. So all this could change once that happens.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea he did he is a cool @$$ person. i know that in the lower gears i will not boost high but when i go from 1st to 5th i only get 17.2ish. but like i said he said that since i am staying high in the rpms the turbo does not enough time to give me what i need. just wanted to know if that is the case or is there something i can do aboiut that because it kind of sucks to only get target when i start out at 3-4k rmps in 3rd and 4th

·
Banned
0 Posts
You could look a your WGDC:) Do you have a BCS. Were do you live? He was having real trouble tunning my car because the stock BCS is a peice of garbage. There only like 60$ total and they are a sinch to tune for. That's the only thing I know how to tune. I bet that is the deal. You will get tons better responce with a BCS. It will shut the WG right up and you'll be moving air pronto.

·
Registered
0 Posts
he is right higher rmp less boost

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i can tune WGDC and knock. im in North Ogden/ Farwest.

Whats BCS? never seen that acronym

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
well i have been having this problem for about a month now and was wondering if anyone can shead some light on my problem.

im tuned for 19.99 PSI (06 STi Stage 2 +FMIC XPT tune)

this is whats going on.

when im crusing going about 3-4k RMP and i go WOT in 4th i Get 20.2 PSI.
when i do that in third i get 18.4 PSI
i do it in 5th i get 20.4
so im hitting target boost no knocking what so ever

the thing that is killing me is that when i run threw the gears from first to fifth i get no where near what im suppose to get. ill peeak out at 17.2 PSI and thats it. it has been pissing me off. the guy that made the map for me told me that it is because since i am high in rpm when im going threw the gears the turbo does not have enough time to push the proper air threw + my altitude is also killing me.
What exactly are you crying about?What is your altitude and do you still have stock injectors,BCS and TMIC?

·
Registered
5,825 Posts
the guy gave you your answer so idk what exactly your asking. Puny little vf39 on a 2.5 liter = high end rpm's boost tapering off and you getting less boost, you don't like it? shift smarter, shift at 6500rpm instead of 7k. This has been discussed b4.

·
Banned
0 Posts
i can tune WGDC and knock. im in North Ogden/ Farwest.

Whats BCS? never seen that acronym
An aftermarket Boost control solenoid. It's the thing that controls the boost. I have a Gm BCS you should look into one. I am sure that is why your power is lagging. If you can tune for WGD then you have it made.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so do i still need an aftermarket Boost control solenoid??

1 - 11 of 11 Posts