ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have an 06 WRX with a full Cobb TBE and an AP the other day I was out reading the live data (which I do from time to time) and my boost was not hitting the specified 14.9 +/- .7 like cobb states. I have checked all the lines everything is ok. The only time I hit anything within the cobb range was in fourth gear at at about 4000 RPM then by about 500 RPM it had started dropping and by 6000 it was around 9. I have not adjusted the actuator arm or whatever its called so if someone could find that link on here that might help. Also do you think this is mainly because I am using a Cobb OTS map and need a protune. I just think its a little drastic to only hit full boost in 4th gear for 500 RPM. Any comments appreciated

Thanks

·
Registered
290 Posts
Yep

Im pretty sure thats normal. I read .. (I think in the map notes) the boost drops off after 5200 rpm because it saves the turbo. Your running it much harder now and cobb just wants its customers to be happy withouy breaking anything. Its been a while cuz im in Iraq, but thats how my car operated.

06TR, COBB stage 2.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok cool thanks for the info. I just thought I would hit full boost in 3rd gear also. Protune is my next thing I am going to do after I get an IC and a gearset hopefully PPG's

·
Registered
314 Posts
ok cool thanks for the info. I just thought I would hit full boost in 3rd gear also. Protune is my next thing I am going to do after I get an IC and a gearset hopefully PPG's
check out the link below it shows how the power band hits strong in low rpms but then tapers off near the end. like stated above thats how cobb saves everyones engines by cutting off the boost in high rpms. it all sounds normal to me.

·
"Supreme Subaphile Extraordinairre"
2,190 Posts
drop a bottle of octane booster in it... you may just have a tank of bad gas/.... your readings aren't that far off.

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
drop a bottle of octane booster in it... you may just have a tank of bad gas/.... your readings aren't that far off.
-1 - do not bother with octane booster, the stuff is a waste of money. Google for it if you don't believe me.

Find a place that sells race fuel and add a gallon or two of higher octane fuel if you want to raise the octane rating.

·
"Supreme Subaphile Extraordinairre"
2,190 Posts
^^^^ At low elevations...... your right.... octane booster is almost useless.

At high elevations... it does make a difference.... I use it al th etime because of the crappy air in utah and availability of only 91 octane.

Sea foam works well too....... just trying save you a little cash.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the input. I have also herd about octane booster being bad for your car not only a waste of money. Thanks for all the help

1 - 11 of 11 Posts