Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got the boost monkey mbc installed, and wow. it gives the car a lot more power. i can feel the boost now, at just about any time i floor it. i hit 60mph in no time. at points where before the mbc id be at 50 or so, i already have hit 60. wow! i was impressed. and my favourite thing is that i get a steady 15.5psi!!!!! and it doesnt drop.

anyhow, uppipe is next.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hell yeah. i wanna know what my car runs now. anyhow, this thing really helps. i can feel a huge difference at a roll, let say at 60 and i floor it, my back gets glued to the back of my seat, the power is amazing! :) im just way tooo happy right now!

·
Registered
38 Posts
DAMN YOU!! I went to the boostmonkey website and read all their stuff, and now I'm nervous about installing my new MBC because of the PTFB issue. I noticed you have a gauge pack, but don't appear to be monitoring EGT.

:confused:

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah, i felt stupid after i really thought to myself, why did u get the airfuel or the volt, when what u really should have bought was the egt gauge. damnit. anyhow, i really dont care that much, because i have the boost monkey setup to activate fully at about 75-80% throttle. so i dont think im in any type of problem. anyhow, others have regular mbcs that engage and partial throttle and that is more dangerous than the setup i have my boost monkey at.

·
Registered
38 Posts
So, how does the car feel now? I was wondering how the boost monkey would affect daily driving, since I rarely floor it when I'm tooling around town. Does it cut boost completely in PT? I don't quite understand the monkey... let me touch the monkey!!

Liebe mein affe-mienke!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it actually made daily driving better. as long as i dont press the throttle to more then 75%, i have no problem for the turbo to engage. if under 75%, the turbo will not engage fully, maybe up to 10psi and keep it there. what i have noticed is that the shifts feel smoother, the ride feels smoother, and when the turbo kicks in, not only is it faster, but it also is a lot smoother.

lets say off the line, i mesh the gas. i go through that little turbo lag, then the psi flies to 15 and as we all know, it falls pretty much instantly and we wait for the next shift for it to go back to 15psi to fall again. with this boost monkey, i feel the same lag, but right after the lag, the psi stays at 15 and keeps it there till about 6500rpms when it has fallen to about 10 or so(safety) and as it changes gears(which is smoother with the boost monkey), its back up to 15psi and staying there.

i dont know what to say, but im real happy with it. all i wanna do now is get an egt gauge (after christmas) and see how my exhaust temperatures are.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i dont have any pics of it, but its on the left side of my glove compartment.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts