ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im lookin at buying a wrx from a guy who did some sort of boost mod that jumped him up to 16.5lbs of boost. im just wondering if thats ok or i hes lieing. other than that mod he said its stock. he bought it and the trany also went out on him so he had it rebuilt at subaru and had a new clutch put in 25K milles ago. just wonderin if that normal as well thanks for the help sry im a noob...

·
Premium Member
15,697 Posts
Sounds like he abused it. 16.5 is safe for stage II numbers with EM, but there are no supporting exhaust mods. So, I assume it is by MBC. I would stay away. The tranny is known to break, but typically it is from abuse. This car was driven hard and modified somewhat inappropriately.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
mycologist said:
Sounds like he abused it. 16.5 is safe for stage II numbers with EM, but there are no supporting exhaust mods. So, I assume it is by MBC. I would stay away. The tranny is known to break, but typically it is from abuse. This car was driven hard and modified somewhat inappropriately.
+1

Hold off until you can find a stock vehicle - that way, you're sure that any modification was done correctly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts