ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am an owner of a 2003 bug-eye wrx. on the trubo tac whick usually goes to 8 lbs mine only goes to about 5 or 6 lbs now. and i know most of you are going to tell me i have a leak some where, so here is what i all did to try and find my problem. i changed ever vac line and every fuel line, the fuel filter, all four spark plugs and all coil packs, i changed every gasket even in the exhaust system, and i fixed a exhaust leak. if any one has any information on something that i may have missed please give me your input.

email- [email protected]

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,231 Posts
on the trubo tac whick usually goes to 8 lbs mine only goes to about 5 or 6 lbs now.
What does "trubo tac" mean? What is it, and why did it "usually" go to 8 lbs?

·
Lando Calrissian
3,787 Posts
likely using 'tac' as slang for tachometer, and using that as slang for gauge.....so I am assuming he means turbo gauge.....

anyway, have you checked the connections to the intercooler, and from the intercooler to the throttle body?

You could try the old tire pressure trick. With the engine relatively cold, have someone rev the engine while you pray the intercooler and other intake parts with some soapy water....look for bubbles.

What about the BOV? 10 years old (about)....it could be going bad.

·
Lando Calrissian
3,787 Posts
unlikely, but what about the gasket between the intake runners and the block? That should also show up with the bubble test listed above.

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
I am an owner of a 2003 bug-eye wrx. on the trubo tac whick usually goes to 8 lbs mine only goes to about 5 or 6 lbs now.
Stock boost is 13.5psi
ionbr said:
and i know most of you are going to tell me i have a leak some where, so here is what i all did to try and find my problem. i changed ever vac line and every fuel line, the fuel filter, all four spark plugs and all coil packs, i changed every gasket even in the exhaust system, and i fixed a exhaust leak. if any one has any information on something that i may have missed please give me your input.

email- [email protected]
Thats not how you test for a boost leak. Results for HOW TO TEST A SUBARU

1 - 5 of 5 Posts