ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven’t really posted in here. I purchased a 2010 wrx hatch ej255 engine last year.
Mods are kartboy short throw shifter with front and rear bushings, White line positive shift kit. Just got the Cobb AP and the stage 1+ kit with air box. Reading the gauges for the first time, I am low on boost. WOT I am at 7.5-8.5,y TD error is about 9-10 at WOT. Replaced throttle body coupler and now the a new Cobb turbo inlet was just put on. Same boost levels afterwards.
is there some common issue at 130kmiles that I am not seeing?

·
Premium Member
10,804 Posts
Haven’t really posted in here. I purchased a 2010 wrx hatch ej255 engine last year.
Mods are kartboy short throw shifter with front and rear bushings, White line positive shift kit. Just got the Cobb AP and the stage 1+ kit with air box. Reading the gauges for the first time, I am low on boost. WOT I am at 7.5-8.5,y TD error is about 9-10 at WOT. Replaced throttle body coupler and now the a new Cobb turbo inlet was just put on. Same boost levels afterwards.
is there some common issue at 130kmiles that I am not seeing?
Can you get a datalog with the AP? 130k miles could be vaccum leaks, boost leaks, the timing belt must be changed, a lot of things at 130k need addressed.

What's your DAM?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dam is 1. I can data log but I haven’t yet. I totally new to trouble shooting these things.
it’s a good chance the car has been like this since I have had it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok wasn’t a boost leak. I inlet slipped off and had to re install it. Anyways, after a test drive, same low boost of 7-8. Decided to pull off the turbo to EBCS to see what would happen. 18 psi. So I need a new restrictor pill/t-fitting and am gonna replace those tubes. I know I am not supposed to run the car that way, but man was it nice. Thanks for the info

·
Premium Member
10,804 Posts
Is it an aftermarket ebc solenoid? As far as I'm aware Cobb ots tunes only support the factory unit

·
Premium Member
10,804 Posts
Ok, I've never heard of the OEM unit called an electronic boost control solenoid. It's been a few years but I don't recall mine plugging into anything electronic.

If you Google around I vaguely remember Cobb having a bunch of good diagrams and photos of how to set up the factory system properly. I used it when diagnosing some problems my car had that turned out to be the ic/TB connection.

·
Æternum
20,380 Posts
Ok, I've never heard of the OEM unit called an electronic boost control solenoid. It's been a few years but I don't recall mine plugging into anything electronic.

If you Google around I vaguely remember Cobb having a bunch of good diagrams and photos of how to set up the factory system properly. I used it when diagnosing some problems my car had that turned out to be the ic/TB connection.
It most certainly is an EBCS, just a bleed type system instead of an interrupt system

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts