ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright im kind of new to wrx's havent gotten one yet but in the process of buying one this week.
im wondering how to adjust the boost, many questions to follow but thats a main one. PICS TO COME. help me out lol, thanks

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,212 Posts
Generally, you don't.

You map the computer to adjust fueling, boost, and timing.

See the link in my signature.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
SD_GR said:
Generally, you don't.

You map the computer to adjust fueling, boost, and timing.
The best/safest way is to modify the ECU parameters to alter the boost, timing, and fueling settings.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i believe it has a cobb ap does that make the job easier for me? i feel dumb askes these questions.. but ya im nub haha

·
Registered
651 Posts
Yes, but probably not in the way you think.

You don't adjust the boost on the fly or use it as a power knob... the boost level is set at certain levels from the factory. If you modify the car for more power, then you tune it (or more commonly have an experienced pro tune it) to a level that fits the modifications you have. Just turning up the boost higher is not a good thing. It probably won't give you much more power and will probably just result in things breaking).

The AP is pre-programmed with a couple "maps" (basically computer programs that are uploaded to your car) that are set up for certain combinations of modifications. If you modify your car further than that then you need to get new custom maps for whatever you did to the car.

Seriously, read the links SD_GR mentioned. I went through all of them when I was new to this stuff and it really helps a lot.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
thatsubieguy said:
i believe it has a cobb ap does that make the job easier for me? i feel dumb askes these questions.. but ya im nub haha
Cobb AP does what Spiros and I are referring to.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts