Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What boost gauge is the best for the money? I don't want to spend too much, but I'm open to suggestions. Also, does any one know of a place I could have the gauge installed in the Boston, MA area? Dealer is $80/hr and they said it'll take them 4 hrs. so forget that! Is this something I could do myself? I have never done any car modifications before.

·
Registered
29 Posts
My dealer said it would take them 3 hours ($300 for labor alone!), and that they would only install the OM gauge... (I'm talking about the steering column one)

i also know very little about cars (am in the process of learning!), and don't want to try things out with my first car.

Anybody know what types of shops could install the thing for less, AND COMPETENTLY? How much should it cost? I've heard it should take less than 2 hours.

Also, as the OP asked, what gauges do ppl recommend and where is the best place to get them? I figure since I didn't include this option when I first got the car, I might as well get one that is nicer than the original manufacturer one.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
it took me about 2 hours to install a VDO. DO NOT use their sender kit. Buy some vac hose and make up a barbed connector for the back of the gauge and tap into which ever line you want to. I used the line shown in the Subaru gauge install instructions.
Try egauges.com

·
Registered
785 Posts
I went with Autometer gauges because they're cheap and will replace them if anything is wrong (great customer service). Buy them at Summitracing.com.

·
Registered
62 Posts
ditto what "wrxinthehouse" said....i just order the autometer 2-1/16" cup (#2204.....$12.95) and the sport-comp (#3301......$41.95) vac/20 psi boost gauge...total with regular ground shipping is $62.85.......summitracing's toll free order number is 1.800.230.3030 or go to their website http://www.summitracing.com cool site...take the tech test while you're their and see how much of a gearhead you really are! :cool:

·
Registered
126 Posts
mark5211 said:
ditto what "wrxinthehouse" said....i just order the autometer 2-1/16" cup (#2204.....$12.95) and the sport-comp (#3301......$41.95) vac/20 psi boost gauge...total with regular ground shipping is $62.85.......summitracing's toll free order number is 1.800.230.3030 or go to their website http://www.summitracing.com cool site...take the tech test while you're their and see how much of a gearhead you really are! :cool:
Go the Autometer and install yourself...sooooo easy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts