ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to mount a boost gauge in my 11 wrx. what pods are you guys using, and how are you running the wires for them? Also where are they mounting the gauges in the cars?

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts

·
Master Baiter
22,115 Posts
I like clock pods, personally.

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Master Baiter
22,115 Posts
11blackwrx said:
So 300 for the pod and 2 gauges, seems pricey but does look really good. I'll start saving lol
$300 is cheap for two gauges and a pod. My four gauges were over $700 (clock pod was another ~$100)...

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
$300 is cheap for two gauges and a pod. My four gauges were over $700...
Yeah I've never bought any before so guess I've never priced them before

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They are said to not be the best gauges.But I haven't had any problems so far.And are the only ones that look OEM.
Yeah they look good. And as long as they work that's all I need

·
Master Baiter
22,115 Posts
rage-wrx said:
I haven't had any problems so far.
Have you compared the boost gauge to the OE MAP sensor at least?

·
Registered
40 Posts
2008+ WRX STI dual gauge pod cluster 08 09 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 subaru gauge gauges pods forester bezel

I can take a pic tomorrow.But basically this is how it looks.I have the exact same setup.Only difference is that mine is wired to be amber all the time.

That beeping would drive me nuts having to hear it ever time I started up. Is there a way to turn off the beeping?
Also, SMY's webpage is unsightly, and unprofessional. They really ought to invest in a better web developer.

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts
That beeping would drive me nuts having to hear it ever time I started up. Is there a way to turn off the beeping?
Also, SMY's webpage is unsightly, and unprofessional. They really ought to invest in a better web developer.
yes.the beep can be turned off.

smy makes a very good product.It is a one piece construction & is better than the OEM bezel.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a question for everyone. I just looked into buying a boost gauge. I called the Subaru dealership and was told 230.00 for the gauge and 365.00 for labor. So pretty much 595.00 + tax. My immediate response was "wtf?" I was trying to keep my parts SPT when possible and warranty intact. Am I over reacting and this is a legit price or did Subaru just try to rob me?

·
Master Baiter
22,115 Posts
LimitlessWrex said:
I have a question for everyone. I just looked into buying a boost gauge. I called the Subaru dealership and was told 230.00 for the gauge and 365.00 for labor. So pretty much 595.00 + tax. My immediate response was "wtf?" I was trying to keep my parts SPT when possible and warranty intact. Am I over reacting and this is a legit price or did Subaru just try to rob me?
Subaru had issues with the SPT gauges in the past; I'm not sure if they've resolved it.

Defi Red Racer is ~$200. Install isn't too bad; buy a 6-pack of good beer, invite a friend over, and DIY...

·
Registered
141 Posts
Prosport EVO volt gauge on the left, Prosport Halo boost gauge on the right, in an smy cluster.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I looked it up on youtube seems like a 2 1/2 hours for someone who knows what they are doing. I heard about the light issue they were having with the spt gauge. I might just hold off for now.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts