Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where the heck is the easiest wire to get to to get my gauges to dim as well as my console....I have my whole entire fricking console apart it seems.. well the middle section.. i cant get to the stupid cig lighter...i see the black and red wire.. and i CAN NOT get to it.. little silver box in the way, and i cant get my air controlls out.. and im gettin a little frustrated guys. Help me out.. its getting late and im a little tired =(

Thanks

Jason

·
Registered
53 Posts
Jason - dark_rex is correct. There is an unused wire in the radio harness bundle that is on the dash lighting (dimming) circuit. Sorry, I can't remember the wire color but it terminates at an unused connector. It's easy to get to also!

Punk

·
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is it actually in that bundle behind the connector to the CD player?.. becuase i looked and looked and didnt see anything..everything was bound together.. is it in that bundle?.. i ended up doin the Cig lighter..and it doesnt dim =( but i was tired.. so i left it alone.. But i want it to DIM =) Thanks again

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yes, it is in that bundle. It has a connector on the end of it. I don't remember the color but I think it's yellow or green. You might want to do a search on I-Club as that is where I found the information. It may be here on ClubWRX too.

Punk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts