Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where do you guys think is the best place to mount a boost gage? I want it east to see, not tacky looking, and no modification to the interior. Pics or your setup would be cool! Now why didn't subrau offer a boost gage on the instrument cluster?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I recently came across a web site that sold a HUD that projected speed, tach, and boost on your windshield....can't remember the address though. You should mount it where its easy to look at. most people put it on their steering column so its in the "dead" spot of the tach...that way you can look down and see your tach and boost pressure at the same time.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Z28Dan said:
Where do you guys think is the best place to mount a boost gage? I want it east to see, not tacky looking, and no modification to the interior. Pics or your setup would be cool! Now why didn't subrau offer a boost gage on the instrument cluster?
I mounted my autometer guage with cup on the top of the steering column.....2 1/16th guage looks good.....dont have any pics sorry

·
Registered
6 Posts
my set up

I mounted mine to the top of the cluster. It does block the left turn signal, but nothing else.

I used only the hardware that came with my autometer 52mm gauge. Cut their "C" bracket in half and made 2 "L" brackets. Then I cut two small holes in the plastic flashing. The gauge does not shake or vibrate

·
1,377 Posts
Yeah, I agree with Jim, nice set up. Where did you get the A-pillar gauge pod? (that's where I want to mount the gauges I plan to get). And the white faces look nice too, was that tough to do?
-Jim

·
Registered
6 Posts
Answers

AutoMeter makes the 3 A pillar pod. $55 I got it from fastWRX.com. They also make a 2 pod.

The Indiglo gauge faces are from Ebay - $40 easy, just be very careful with your gauge needles.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.