ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Improving my dual mode MBC system

After toying with the solenoid control dual mode MBC system a few months ago and got it perfect. I am now adding the IC water spray system using STI OEM spray nozzles to the dual mode MBC system.

When all done I will have an on-demand water cooled boost system :D

The system will have the following parts:

STI OEM IC spray nozzle (see pic).
STI OEM IC spray on/off switch replacing the MBC switch (manual version).
Flojet run dry on-demand water pump.
Thermodisc adjustable temperature switch.
Grainger water level switch.
3-5 gallon tank in the trunk.

You can modify this system using a boost level switch instead of the temperature switch.

This will create an on-demand, controlled by IC temperature/boost level, shutdown when run dry system.

Nozzles can be purchased from at least the following site.

http://www.spimotorsports.com/Catalog/engine_59653_products.htm

http://www.fastwrx.com

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
i know it's silly, but isn't a solenoid controlled MBC technically then an EBC? :D

but really....that's a cool idea....auto water spray

·
1,816 Posts
couldn't you tap the BOV line for boost monitoring and at a certain level, start up the IC spray. I think this is a great idea, I'd be very interested in seeing your setup (complete with pictures :D ) and would appreciate it. I think the Rally Cars and some STi monsters have fuel tank sizes containers full of water to spray on the IC.

-c

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Both STI and EVO have factory spray system build in. STI uses 2 nozzles and EVO uses 3 nozzles. I will be using a 5 gallon tank in the trunk so I can use it for long night out :D

As for using the boost level switch instead of the temperature level switch. I don't want to spray the IC when it is cold in the morning or during cold weather since it is a waste.

The system is on when I want to get max boost and I want the IC being chilled to extract all the HP I can get. The whole idea is to cool down the IC during idle at the light :) and during shifts.

The MRT system is the way to go if money is not a problem. I will post picture of the setup when it is completed :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts