Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, im running the stage 2+ from cobb and ive been noticing the turbo spool up much quicker but alil too quick. on the normal waste gate tune im pushing 28psi and on the low wastegate tune im at 26psi. giving it about 50% gas im at 19psi

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
what could be causing this issue/making it boost up so quickly? could it be a leak somewhere or could it just be from the cobb downpipe (forgot to mention) only mods (Cobb intake & downpipe)

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

· Not a mod... or is he? Or, is he not?
15,792 Posts
Are you hitting 28psi of boost. Or 28psi of absolute pressure. If it's the latter that's about normal. 0psi is vacuum, roughly 14.7 is atmospheric, and above that is boost pressure

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

· Village Idiot
3,468 Posts
You are reading absolute pressure. The stock turbo can't even spool that much boost. It would make more sense that your reading absolute. This would mean when you're reading 28psi the boost is 13.3 (ish) psi.

· Premium Member
11,374 Posts
For what it's worth, the turbo can't spool up "too fast".. whatever the scenario, you want the turbo to hit boost threshold as quickly as physically possible (assuming you're wide open throttle). There is nothing that can happen or be done to make it spool faster (aside from things like anti-lag, nitrous, etc).

Also, boost creep is a condition where as the engine moves more air the wastegate begins to be unable to bypass enough air past the turbine to control boost anymore. This happens in the very upper RPM range and is characterized by boost pressure gradually increasing towards redline in spite of low WGDC values. Pretty much the opposite of what you're describing.

It would help to know what kind of car you drive, and if you have hit boost cut (check engine light on?). I have a feeling you're interpreting the data incorrectly, but like McBill said, a clean data log would help to see what's going on and if there is indeed a problem or not.

· In Æternum
23,706 Posts
The only way we can help to understand your situation is by datalogs.

FWIW, you are likely confusing boost spiking with boost creep -- they are different phenomena.

· For External Use Only
3,884 Posts
You shouldn't run the car hard or to redline on ANY economy map, for the record. It says right in the notes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.