ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just installed a boost controller and put my boost at 10psi instead of the 6psi it was running. approx how much horsepower was gained?

·
Good news, everyone!
3,856 Posts
Dude... You're going about this ALL kinds of wrong ways.

Why was your car limiting boost in the first place? Have you datalogged at all? What KIND of boost controller did you install, and from whom?

What are all of the details of this vehicle anyways?

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,225 Posts
I know of no mechanism to allow running 6 lbs boost (I hate non-metric units but that's another story). Baseline waste gate pressure exceeds this. Are you sure we're all on the same page?

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
Need more info homie...these aren't Neon SRT-4s...you can't just slap on a boost controller and dial it up. You're gonna seriously mess something up.

What year? What mods? Any tuning? Mileage?

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
i just installed a boost controller and put my boost at 10psi instead of the 6psi it was running. approx how much horsepower was gained?
82.3hp @ 4000 RPM

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Mackattk said:
Mackattk said:
yes its turboed or i wouldnt have a boost controller
What car?
What turbo?
What injectors?
What EM?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
its an 03 wrx, when i got it the boost gauge read 6psi of boost. i heard it could run 15psi but its had some problems that i just fixed and i dont want to dial it up to much and blow the engine.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Mackattk said:
its an 03 wrx, when i got it the boost gauge read 6psi of boost. i heard it could run 15psi but its had some problems that i just fixed and i dont want to dial it up to much and blow the engine.
:facepalm:

You didn't fix the issue at all. You stuck a bandaid on a wound that requires stitches.

An '03 WRX is targets ~13.5 PSI in stock form.

Remove the MBC and replace it with a stock BCS. Fix whatever is causing it not to hit target boost, then consider upping the wick.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
:facepalm:

You didn't fix the issue at all. You stuck a bandaid on a wound that requires stitches.

An '03 WRX is targets ~13.5 PSI in stock form.

Remove the MBC and replace it with a stock BCS. Fix whatever is causing it not to hit target boost, then consider upping the wick.
This.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
I'd highly recommend finding a local tuner to help you out at this point, or start doing some heavy reading. You've got some serious problems there, aside from my joking earlier.

·
Æternum
20,595 Posts
:rotfl:

:weee:

and there goes another Bugeye :(

·
and the Funky Bunch
6,124 Posts
OP, just remember that whenever you mod air supply to the engine, you need a corresponding supporting mod for the fuel delivery.

:woocow:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts