ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i have an 07 wrx and bought a boost controller for it. I also have a boost gauge to monitor the boost. It says that the stock wrx turbo can handle 11.6 psi max boost but when my boost is set to 10psi and a get on it my car jerks and my check engine light and cruise control light come on. I have no clue why it does this but i have to keep my boost turned down which sucks. Any help would be awesome to figure this out. thanks mike

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Take it off and pit the stock one back on before you hurt your car. Get engine managment. Do a search.

·
Registered
0 Posts
i think your problem is u have a boost controller

·
Registered
884 Posts
i thought the stock turbo could go up to like 16 psi or lbs of boost?

·
In Memoriam
3,733 Posts
your boost gauge sucks azzz......

more boost DO NOT equal more power.

More boost(w/ appropriate Engine Management) DO EQUAL more power.

Remove the boost controller, your hitting Fuel cut due to over boosting.

PLEASE RESEARCH YOUR MODS THOROUGHLY BEFORE MODDING YOUR CAR.:baaa:

·
In Memoriam
3,733 Posts

·
Registered
6,546 Posts
Hey i have an 07 wrx and bought a boost controller for it. I also have a boost gauge to monitor the boost. It says that the stock wrx turbo can handle 11.6 psi max boost but when my boost is set to 10psi and a get on it my car jerks and my check engine light and cruise control light come on. I have no clue why it does this but i have to keep my boost turned down which sucks. Any help would be awesome to figure this out. thanks mike
Let's think about this. You bought a device to INCREASE your boost and when you run it LOWER than stock it causes negative effects.

WHY HAVENT YOU REMOVED IT!? You now have the slowest WRX in history. Congratz on wasting $$$ on a boost controller just to slow down your car.

Manual Boost Controllers = BAD
Electronic Engine Management = GOOD

·
Registered
609 Posts
Let's think about this. You bought a device to INCREASE your boost and when you run it LOWER than stock it causes negative effects.

WHY HAVENT YOU REMOVED IT!? You now have the slowest WRX in history. Congratz on wasting $$$ on a boost controller just to slow down your car.

Manual Boost Controllers = BAD
Electronic Engine Management = GOOD
:rotfl:
I dont understand the OP's thinking, or lack thereof

·
Registered
106 Posts
Engine management is a must!! Your driving a subaru with a boxer engine not a piece of **** Honda.
And DownxShift is right...don't use manual boost controllers.

·
Banned
195 Posts
dang, you folks are harsh to these poor newcomers. this is a first post and quite obviously they're new to the subaru thing. i think a better light would shine on the wrx community if information and knowledge was shared without the berating attached to it.

but, op, as far as the information goes, you should listen. there is tons of information and knowledgeable people here even if the knowledge and info comes with a dose of venom.

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
A month later...I think he got the point. Does that mean someone used the search feature for a Manual Boost Controller?:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

·
Banned
195 Posts
hmmm, i wonder why this guy never posted again??? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
boost controller

Thanks for all the posts... I understand where all of you are coming from and realize i made a mistake buying the boost controller. I learned my lesson and am definately getting engine management. My car is at stock boost now and i have an intake and CBE on the way other than that nothing else is going to be done until I get EM. thanks for the help.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Thanks for all the posts... I understand where all of you are coming from and realize i made a mistake buying the boost controller. I learned my lesson and am definately getting engine management. My car is at stock boost now and i have an intake and CBE on the way other than that nothing else is going to be done until I get EM. thanks for the help.

You wont really need EM until you put a Down Pipe on your car ( Stage 2, DP + EM ). as long as you keep that MBC off your car and get it tuned or get some sort of EM then your car will be happy.

·
Registered
51 Posts
i run a mbc on my bugeye wagon and also have em. the em is set to run at me at a peak boost in 5th gear of 17.5psi. obviously there are also other adjustments made just like any other good em. i run a cheap mbc at low boost and it just stays at what the ecu is set at, but the boost comes on faster in 2nd and 3rd gear. i have run at the track to prove that the butt dyno is tru to the lateral movement. i can't go into detail why it is ok on 02 and 03, but if you search you will find it. i did. i'll take anybody for a ride any day. with then without the controller. and even if you did only feel like you were going faster, isn't that kinda the point?

·
Registered
51 Posts
it's been a whole day and not one flame. what is up? i thought for sure somebody would have tried to flame me for that post. looks like we are getting nicer to the newbs. right on!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts