Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the car dyno'd a few weeks back to get the stock numbers before starting the mod game. Completed on a Mustang Dynamometer in roughly 80 degree weather and 29% relative humidity. Best numbers were a 4th gear pull: 233.4 HP, 251.1 TQ. Then things dropped due to heat soak.
These numbers look pretty expected to folks? Also thinking the first "upgrade" should be the Accessport, but I'm open to suggestions. Car is still daily driven, so not going too crazy right away. Thanks.

· Registered
163 Posts
Do you have a copy of your dyno sheet so we can see the curve? Accessport would be an excellent first mod. Depending on how far you want to take it, most people agree that the best bang for you buck is stage 2. For your wrx you need an aftermarket j-pipe and tune. Just make sure you get a j-pipe that's supported by cobbs OTS tunes the accessport comes with, unless youre going to get a dyno tune from the same shop you got your baseline from, then the brand j-pipe doesn't matter as they will tune for it. As far as if that's a good power range stock, to me it seems so since those numbers are already close to Subarus CHP value for the car.

· In Æternum
23,698 Posts
Numbers, by themselves, mean absolutely nothing. Two dynos, two operators, different conditions, may read 50% different.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you have a copy of your dyno sheet so we can see the curve? Accessport would be an excellent first mod. Depending on how far you want to take it, most people agree that the best bang for you buck is stage 2. For your wrx you need an aftermarket j-pipe and tune. Just make sure you get a j-pipe that's supported by cobbs OTS tunes the accessport comes with, unless youre going to get a dyno tune from the same shop you got your baseline from, then the brand j-pipe doesn't matter as they will tune for it. As far as if that's a good power range stock, to me it seems so since those numbers are already close to Subarus CHP value for the car.
Thanks for the suggestions. I do have a printout of the dyno sheet, but need to work on getting it uploaded somewhere...

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Received and installed the COBB AccessPort V3 last week and flashed the car to the "Stage 1 stock engine 93 octane" map. Can't really say I notice much change other than the car feels "heavier"/more sluggish at slower speeds, but does have smoother power and pull in the midrange and up top. Does this sound right based on other folks' experiences? Also, how does their "stock tune" map stack up to the car's oem stock tune, or is that topic just a waste of time?

· Premium Member
87 Posts
Received and installed the COBB AccessPort V3 last week and flashed the car to the "Stage 1 stock engine 93 octane" map. Can't really say I notice much change other than the car feels "heavier"/more sluggish at slower speeds, but does have smoother power and pull in the midrange and up top. Does this sound right based on other folks' experiences? Also, how does their "stock tune" map stack up to the car's oem stock tune, or is that topic just a waste of time?
You have 93 octane gas available locally?

In Colorado, everything is 91 octane at best AFAIK, unless you pay through the nose for airplane fuel. I always fill up with Shell V-Power Nitro+, and I flashed the Stage 1 stock engine 91 octane map, and the car's performance and smoothness is better at all speeds, IMO. Accessport road test runs before and after showed a big improvement in whp and torque, 10-15% increase. I have 2016 WRX Limited CVT.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.