ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have a new bone stock wrx hatch. Wanting some advice as to what is the best mods to start with...bang for your buck. I am definitely going for exhaust brand advice is appreciated. After this what would be some other things to do?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very nice, thanks I just registered with NASIOC as well just waiting for my account to get activated. Looks like there is a lot of info in that thread!

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Definitely check out Tony's thread!

There's a ton of info on there for the most common mods that people do to them.

In the mean time, any ideas of what type of mods you'd want to do to it? I see you wrote something about getting an exhaust, you decide if you want to go with a TBE or CBE?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah exhaust will def be the first mod, In the long run i want to do a catless TBE however short term i may just stick with a catback just to save some $$$

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
If you definitely plan on going with a catless down pipe, just go for a CBE now.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Don't buy a turbo back exhaust until you can afford an Accessport or opensource tune. Any intake or exhaust mods(except a simple cat back) will need a tune to safely run.
Plus you'll enjoy the power gains.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I definitely will, what are some good options for cat backs? I will get a downpipe in the future

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Do you want something loud or subtle? What type of sound are you going for. My best advice is to go out to some local meets and hear what others have. The vids on youtube don't do most exhausts justice.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah i hear you there, I want something that is going to be louder than stock but do not want a highway drone. Performance is a must will be looking at a 3" system. I don't want it to be super loud but good deep sound. I don't foresee very many meets happening in the near future as I am looking to buy in the next month or so and it is starting to get cold and snow. Therefor I will be gaining opinions and information to choose a system that sounds like it is what I am looking for. Mainly just want performance good quality and not super loud/raspy

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
Q300, SPT, or even the Nameless system sounds like it will be right up your alley for the sounds you want.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
I would definitely recommend the Nameless Performance CBE. It's a great quality piece.

·
Registered
479 Posts
+1 Tony's thread.

My first mod was a clear bra, totally saving me from highway driving and the salt on the roads. Then I got a Cobb AP and now I'm waiting for the winter season to be over before I do more stuff. I've heard great things about the Nameless CBE so I'm sure you'll be making a good investment if you go that route. My came with the SPT but if I didn't have that I would get the Nameless.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nice looks like the Nameless must be a good piece as it is getting a lot of recommendations. And yes the clear bra is a must especially beings it is a dd here in Colorado

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Believe it or not, the spt is also a great exhaust...and you can find them used for a decent price, too. Also, as Mikey suggested, the Invidia Q300 is a quality piece too.

All in all I'd say top 3 choices would be Nameless, Q300, SPT.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I am definitely going to try and find a good used one as a first option so if anyone has any leads on a good price used exhaust please let me know!!

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Check out the for sale section on here and NASIOC always has a ton of people selling things.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Believe it or not, the spt is also a great exhaust...and you can find them used for a decent price, too. Also, as Mikey suggested, the Invidia Q300 is a quality piece too.

All in all I'd say top 3 choices would be Nameless, Q300, SPT.
Agree! The SPT is a great exhaust, I personally love mine. If it comes with your car as a package I would go for it. If you get a base with stock exhaust those top 3 are what I would consider.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I will be watching both of these forums is the exhaust from the sedan compatible with the hatch? also what model years work with the 11?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts