Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 2002 Subaru wrx with 155,000 on body with a 2004 wrx engine with 75,000 miles on it. The engine takes about 3 seconds of cranking to start but starts every time. Car won’t go past 4,000 rpm WOT, you have to baby it over 4,000 but it doesn’t get any better. Hits normal boost, SUPER slow. I think it’s either getting to much air or to much fuel. So far I have changed oil, spark plugs and coil packs. I’ve looked I’ve hoses for leaks and can’t find any. My next idea is to do a pressurized smoke test. Any help or ideas would be appreciated. New to the Subaru world but not to cars. Will give more information if needed. Also have a data log but not sure what I’m looking at on it sooo.. thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
Subaru Impreza WRX 2.0L Wagon
10 Posts
Did you look at the gape of your spark plugs and did you bought oem coil pack? You can check you AFR, you should be (I think) between 13 and 15 at idle and at WOT I know that so people have it as low as 10 if I remember. I hope it can help you a bit😊

·
Registered
184 Posts
Is it going limp because of the codes from the evap and o2?

Not sure how rhe ecu works with the AP around these.. its throwing an o2 code and evap code and cel and riding limp, yes?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts