ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
I'm not sure how you guys are into the mobile industry, but recently a new phone by sprint was released called the HTC EVO 4g LTE.

I have obtained one of these now and it just does not work as well as my OG EVO.

With the OG EVO, it would connect immediately (within 5-10 seconds) as soon as I turned my car on.

The new EVO LTE won't connect until I actually go into my BT settings on the phone and actually hit the car m-media to connect it.

Anyone else having this issue or something similar?

-Thanks.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I've rebooted multiple times throughout owning the phone now. (This is my second full day with it now)

I'll reboot it before I get into my car and see if it auto connects

(BTW don't have the NAVI unit. Just stock regular head unit)

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
Try clearing it out of memory completely, and pairing it through the voice commands (buttons on the steering wheel).

I had similar issues with my galaxy nexus, and it worked great with my droid.

It's worked for several others, so give it a go.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes! That did work out. I got that same tip back in the androidcentral forums.

Does yours display the name of songs or artists or anything tho?

I got it to display with my OG evo when I had as AOSP rom but never seemed to work with any sense roms...

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
Yes! That did work out. I got that same tip back in the androidcentral forums.

Does yours display the name of songs or artists or anything tho?

I got it to display with my OG evo when I had as AOSP rom but never seemed to work with any sense roms...
Not yet, but I've been lazy. I have a feeling the newest AOKP ROM has it, but been too lazy to update. I'll try it later this week and let you know.

·
Registered
1 Posts
What model year of WRX supports bluetooth audio streaming and does it require special options? I thought it was just for calls.

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
What model year of WRX supports bluetooth audio streaming and does it require special options? I thought it was just for calls.
I dunno. I've seen that in the other Subaru models though. I know my 2011 STi had it standard. I'd imagine its the same for the WRX. Fairly sure the 2010s did not have it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Try clearing it out of memory completely, and pairing it through the voice commands (buttons on the steering wheel).

This worked for me too!

·
Registered
207 Posts

I was having the same issues. My tmobile G2 running 2.3 would connect to the radio right away. I bought the HTC One S running 4.0 and it would always take two to three attempts at connecting via the settings menu before it would work. I unpaired them and did as shown above and the new phone connects right away just like my old one did.

·
and the Funky Bunch
6,124 Posts
I dunno. I've seen that in the other Subaru models though. I know my 2011 STi had it standard. I'd imagine its the same for the WRX. Fairly sure the 2010s did not have it.
I believe it became standard in 11

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a 2011 wrx with my iphone 4 and the blue tooth is horrible sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. Ill be driving down the road n it will just disconnect anyone have any suggestions that would make it work more often?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts