Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where is the stock blow off valve and how do I install an aftermarket one?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What do you mean you make a blitz blowoff valve kit? What modifications would i have to do if i got an hks blowoff valve?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Because WRX hasn't been around for a long time, there aren't that many BOLT - ON blow off valves out there. In order to mount it on the intercooler, you'll need to get a custom flange specifically made for that particular blow off valve. If you don't mind waiting around for some time, then you can wait for companies like HKS and BLITZ to make bolt on blow off vales for WRX. Or you can purchase a blow off valves with custom flange from God like he said. Same thing

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
God how much are you selling your blitz blowoff valve kit for?

·
Registered
12 Posts
hey guys
the wrx comes with a blow off valve right?
are u replacing it with aftermarket ones becuz it doesnt make a nice bov sound?

Attachments

·
Registered
157 Posts
We have the bolt on BOV's from MRT, I use one as well. Check out http://www.rmdistributing.com/dancar8.jpg

I have 2 silver in stock!

Dan www.vividracing.com

[ August 23, 2001: Message edited by: vividracing ]

·
1,911 Posts
Please feel free to e-mail me on the Blitz goodies folks. I have tons of turbo timers, power meters, SBC-id's and BOV's available. I'm having specials this month on Blitz. I have the alluminum flanges for the WRX custom made for the BOV. It is a 5 minute install.

·
Banned
7,636 Posts
blow off valves all by themselves, especially on the stock turbo components do almost nil as to imporve performance.

it may sound a little better, but for $200, i would go buy some electronics (EBC, UNICHIP, etc)

·
Registered
554 Posts
Nope, it's just to get attention, because they sound so cool.

G

·
Originally posted by God:
Open up your hood. It is at the front right of your intercooler. There are a few BOV kts on the market. I make a Blitz bolt on kit which I love and also have the Turbo XS kit which is cheaper.
do you like the blitz over the turbo xs? which one has a more noticeable sound?!

methadon

G

·
Originally posted by God:
They are both pretty loud. I prefer the Blitz personally but the Turbo XS is cheaper. Go with whichever you like the looks of IMO. You won't be dissapointed with either.
do you have a web site or something where you sell these parts you have made??

methadon

1 - 20 of 24 Posts