Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I want to put a an aftermarket blowoff valve on my 09 impreza wrx 2.5l turbo and i was wondering 1) what would be a good brand to go with and 2) is there anything I'm going to need to do as far as tuning it once I get it installed?

· Not a mod... or is he? Or, is he not?
15,750 Posts
So I want to put a an aftermarket blowoff valve on my 09 impreza wrx 2.5l turbo and i was wondering 1) what would be a good brand to go with and 2) is there anything I'm going to need to do as far as tuning it once I get it installed?
You can't tune for one, Subarus engine management doesn't support them in any capacity.

You'll need a fully recirculating valve. The OEM is best for the average person but GFB has a fully recirculating option as does boomba if I recall. I don't specifically think any are better than another as long as you are not buying the cheapest option in amazon

· Registered
4 Posts
I had the boomba one for a while, and I really liked the sound it made (sounded like the stututututu of compressor surge) but after a day of autocrossing, I found that my turbo compressor fins had been destroyed. I don't know what to blame but when I looked at the bpv it had some areas that looked chipped which may have sent metal pieces into the turbo.

After I got the turbo rebuilt, I went with a Cobb bpv. It's okay. It makes a big PSSSHSHHHHH sound when I let off the gas, but I loved the sound of that boomba. I miss that sound.

here's the nasioc thread with pics & stuff

1 - 3 of 3 Posts