ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I am a new STi owner and to the club. I am getting ready to do some mods to my car and need a little advice from the fellow owners. Can you all tell me what works and what doesn't? I have heard some people say they have had no problems with some and bad problems with others. Can you please let me know what the best BOV would be for the STi

Thanks,

D-REX

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
Hey, welcome to the "owner's club"

I great way to start your modding would be to read the Stickies at the top of the engine performance forums.

As far as blowoff valves are concerned, by doing a search on the forums, I'm confident you'll find more information than you could ever need. The search button is at the top right hand side of the screen under the vendor advertisement.
My personal preference for BOV's would either be Worx tuning or Forge.

Good luck,

~Tim

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I like the worx bov in the crinkle red. I personally don't have one but was in the process of buying one for my STI until my fellow members told me to spend it elsewhere. If you check out the vendors section, the reviews about it are awesome.

·
Registered
28 Posts
i just got my worx bov, and i like it . its not to loud but also not to quite. people know your around when it goes off:D . but it all depends on what you like. but try seraching around and im sure you will find the info you need.

·
Registered
948 Posts
D-REX said:
Hey I am a new STi owner and to the club. I am getting ready to do some mods to my car and need a little advice from the fellow owners. Can you all tell me what works and what doesn't? I have heard some people say they have had no problems with some and bad problems with others. Can you please let me know what the best BOV would be for the STi

Thanks,

D-REX
Just want to make sure your aware that there are really no gains to be had with a blow off valve other than sound so if your on a budget and your looking for performance gains, you might want to hold off with that for now (but by all means buy it if your looking for the sound effect, it is kinda cool). Typically the first mods that are suggested would be an exhaust system and possibly a piggy back ECU or ECU remap.

Theres tons of information on these forums so since your new I'd suggest reading the sticky's (the threads at the top of each forum) in the STI Technical Forum and its two subforums, Engine Performance like Timdog stated and then look at the sticky's in the Maintenance and Service forums. Its a good start for information reguarding the STi.

And Welcome to the boards.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts