Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question for all you guys.. if i were to buy a BOV i know it will viod the hell out of the warranty if i put it on.. but if they come with adapters and all that fcan they be bolted on and off (like when you take your car to the dealer for maintenence) or is it irreversable and the old air bypass valve is permanenty F'd up, and also what are the advantages'disadvantages of a BOV and how much of an effect does it have on perofrmance??? thanks fer readin this ..

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
BOV, assuming thay are functioning properly, will not void the warranty. They are actually quite good for the the turbo. If you are worried about it, it only takes 15 minutes to replace it with the stock one.

-Jim

·
Banned
7,636 Posts
you've touched on a senstive subject here.

there are 3 basic opinions to the BOV and its performance benefits.

1) it is justa sound mod, and it has no performance benefits
2) a nice BOV like platinum's will allow better control over release of pressure, and therefore waste less pressure in the turbine.
3) if you have a bigger turbo, it will better protect against pressure spikes, therefore proloning the life of your unit.

I think the stock BOV is fine performance wise, and aftermarket products are only really good for sound. it is true that some vent more efficiently, but the argument is whether those efficieny savings are negligable or not.

imo, its a lot of money for something that really isn't necessary. spend the $200 on an upipe if you want performance.

dR

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
My Godspeed uppipe will be on it's way right after I check my funds in February. I have to make sure the cash is there after all of my holiday giving (BIG A$$ BILLS). I did just lend my sister $4200 for her Sentra SE-R. It's such a nice car for $18,000.

-Jim

·
Registered
376 Posts
PlatinumWRX. Be sure to include my holiday giving as well. I would like a vishnu uppipe. Thanks you have my address from those stickers:D

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Sorry, BambooI, if I threw out the envelope from the stickers. If I bought you an uppipe, I would've spent more on you than on my g/f. My sister got a LOAN until she graduates in May for her car for Christmas and I got my parents a Sony Tivo 35 hour recorder. My g/f of almost 3 years is getting two sweaters.

No uppipe for you!

DR, I'll either bolt it on myself or have Rallispec in Cherry Hill, NJ do it for me.

-Jim

·
Registered
333 Posts
Hey Jim, those Rallispec guys´web site has been "under construction" for months on months now.... make sure they still exist before going....:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts