ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interesting title i know.

So i'm having some issues. I have the turboxs RFL blow off valve (i didn't put it on, came with the car) and i've been having some issues with the car almost stalling or stalling when letting off the gas. so i tried adjusting the bov thought maybe it was staying open too long. there were 2 washers in there, so i put in a 3rd and bingo, now the almost stalling issue *SEEMS* to be resolved. for now. the bov isn't nearly as loud either, unless i shift fairly high and give it a decent amount of throttle.

now, onto the issue. This sort of happened the other day, i got home and shut off the key and the turbo timer engaged. shortly after the turbo timer came on, the cel came on. same thing happened now. Only, after the car shut off, now the battery is acting dead. ????

I know, pull the turbo timer out, not only is it not necessary but it's probably the main issue here. any other thoughts?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
one thing i forgot to mention / question. I don't want to adjust the bov to the point where it's not going to be functioning properly and start potentially damaging the turbo, does anyone know the amount of adjustment washers that normally come with the turboxs rfl bov?

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Get rid of the BOV for a stock BPV and recirc hose and get rid of the turbo timer. Thats the only proper solution.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
I would say 99% of situations are better off with a stock BPV, only extreme situations benefit from aftermarket

·
Registered
380 Posts
I think the only way a BPV would be really helpful is with a rotated turbo setup that requires eliminating the MAF, and I would definitely have to agree that that's a very rare situation.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts