ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2009 wrx and was wondering if i can keep my stock tmic if i get a blouch 20g-xt turbo or if you have any other recommendations on a 20g turbo that will just fit right up.:unhappy:

·
Registered
902 Posts
Absolutely not. It is recommended to upgrade the intercooler even with the stock turbo. Make sure you do your homework before just buying a 20g and slapping it on your car. Most people running the 20g go with a fmic. There are plenty of other supporting mods you will need to buy also.

The best thing you could do is find a reputable tuner close to you and talk with them about your plans and what the suggest for your goals.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys :). Will look at the site. I have a Cobb/full exhaust/aem intake. I'm getting bigger injectors and fuel pump. So I guess adding intercooler also lol. Any suggestions on brands/cheap

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
Thanks guys :). Will look at the site. I have a Cobb/full exhaust/aem intake. I'm getting bigger injectors and fuel pump. So I guess adding intercooler also lol. Any suggestions on brands/cheap
TurboXS works well and the cheapest front mount on the market for the WRXs.

We sell them so let me know if you want a price.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
teflon_jones said:
Can you please elaborate on this statement?
His OE I/C does a poor job at cooling, and has plastic endtanks which have been an issue @ StageII

Also note, the 20G-XT will not fit with a regular TMIC for your car; you'd need the 440XT (with optional HPD wheel), or an I/C that could accomodate '02-'07 turbos (I believe ProcessWest can do this).

·
Registered
902 Posts
Can you please elaborate on this statement?
His OE I/C does a poor job at cooling, and has plastic endtanks which have been an issue @ StageII

Also note, the 20G-XT will not fit with a regular TMIC for your car; you'd need the 440XT (with optional HPD wheel), or an I/C that could accomodate '02-'07 turbos (I believe ProcessWest can do this).
This.

Unlike the STi the wrx has plastic endtanks on the stock tmic and a plastic blow off valve.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
matt1228 said:
So if I get the 440XT It will fit right in with the tmic???
Yes, but to spend all that money on a turbo swap and not upgrade the TMIC is asinine

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts