Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, maybe not so fun for me!
Haha!
Over a foot of snow here in Meriden, Connecticut already!
I brushed off myy car, and went right onto my unplowed road, and mind you, it's 5pm... And still unplowed.

I got about 5 or 6 feet with my summer tires before I was stuck. OK, reverse, forward, high rev, reverse, high rev, reverse, high rev. Eventually about 4 minutes later I made it on to my actual street. Go down... Get f'ing stuck again at the stop sign because these idiots around here DON'T PLOW! They drive around and do nothing, but get paid.
Anyway, another 2 or 3 minutes later, I finally get on the main road! Head to the grocery store!
Hmmm... I'm the only car out here! Oh, look! Trucks!

On the way back, I got stuck again on my street with it's foot or more of unplowed snow. I work it with high revving and turning the wheel here and there. I made into my driveway! YAY!

I get out, and guy in a huge jeep pulls up and smiles at me "Wow!!! That was cool! I didn't think you were going to make it! All wheel drive, right?"
I was like "Yeah! But the best part is... Those are summer tires on there!"
"Oh, you have the street tires eh! I really didn't think you'd make it"
"Ah, that's the great thing about this car! All wheel drive and a turbo!"

Let my car sit about 2 minutes because I abused the hell out of it to get it to go where I wanted it to.
Guess when it bring it in for the next service check, I'll find out of I screwed anything up. I did high rev right around 5500 in 1st with not much movement. I know you're not supposed to do that, but I wasn't about to make a fool of myself infront of these people shoveling who were watching me in disbelief that I would even attempt to go anywhere!

SUBARU OWNS THE SNOW! :D

~ Dan (Zapix)

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
sucks to be a summer wrx in it's natural habitat.

well i was out having so much fun, full drift around the rotary in west spfd. WEEEEE

·
Registered
39 Posts
Bongmaster.....your from york? Dont happen to know a girl named Kristin do ya? very attractive blonde, used to drive a 3000gt? just thought id ask. lata

·
Banned
7,636 Posts
i'm in Toyo Proxes, a nd they've been doing great. no snow or ice has stopped me yet. hopefully i'l lget some drilting in the parking lot before i leave work today. :D

gotta love the snow. we got about 16" in waltham.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I went absolutely bonkers Sunday night. I even manages to figure out this really windy road in the industrial park without having the car straight at all, sideaway one way and sideways the other way and back again, and again!!!!! I felt like I was in sweden!

We got about 22-24 inches!

-joe

1 - 7 of 7 Posts