Votes: 23 95.8%
  • HKS Racing Suction

Votes: 1 4.2%
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which does everyone prefer... Blitz SUS intake or HKS racing suction? The HKS comes with an metal elbow but has a foam filter. Help me decide:)

·
Banned
968 Posts
SUS, HKS is like $300 and wont perform as well as the SUS.

·
Registered
292 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
As for filtration the hks suck, blitz is ok.. Apexi I think is the best.
I would get the blitz or apexi...

·
Registered
349 Posts
I would go with blit out of those two otherwise I would go with the turbo xs or perrin

·
Registered
292 Posts
yes the filter is K&N and you get all the concerns of an oil based filter.

the best thing to do is get the turboxs intake and use the apexi filter with it.

too bad they won't sell em without the filter. They used to, but stopped :(

SERacing said:
Isn't the Turbo XS intake a K & N filter? Or does it just look that way?

·
Registered
21 Posts
i like the apexi and the blitz sus. but damn the blitz sus is a grip just for filter cone,though it does look nice. what about the those gold stainless steel hks ones (forget what they are called) they look pimp and filter the same as the blitz i think. 200 microns sounds like good filtration to me.

·
Registered
292 Posts
what apexi intake?

is there such a thing for the rex?

·
Registered
21 Posts
yeah, the apexi power intake . it looks like the same thing as the blitz lm. goes for like 168 i think.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I have heard good results with the Blitz but I have seen a article that showed that the Blitz was bad at filtering. I will try and find the link to repost. I myself are looking for a intake that wont oil the MAF, throw a CEL, and or filter well. I would love to hear the turbo spool up like on my old GLHS charger. I dont want to cut the resonator incase I need warrenty work.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hre is the link to the filter comparison.http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/filters_test/2/
Also I posted that I talked to a company that sold all types of filters for all types of cars including the Apexi. He told me NO on the apexi because he said they have had probs with lean out conditions on WRX's because the way the air flowed past the MAF. I saw no reason to doubt him. He did say that the HKS and Blitz did not throw CEL's but the article I have enclosed shows bad filtering from both. I can get dusty here in Jersey in the summer so I am not lost on what to buy.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I understand that the Filter is good and does not throw CEL/s God, but are you not worried about the results of that comparo that I listed a while ago and has been floating around? I assume any small particles (Including the fine dust we get in Jersey from some of the pollen and dust from the farm fields) in the engine slowly degrade the engine. Not that I am disputing what you are saying, because you sound like you stand by the blitz, but I am still worried by the amount of dust that can get by.

·
Registered
21 Posts
i'm goign with the blitz, i found a good deal one a new one . i think it filters just fine, i mean 200 microns,pretty good..... i'll put faith in god :p

·
Registered
432 Posts
grimm said:
are you not worried about the results of that comparo that I listed a while ago
I believe that comparison tests an older Blitz SUS design. I think the mesh is finer now.

BTW, I have the SUS and love the sound and power.:D

·
Registered
27 Posts
yeah, Blitz SUS rocks. You won't regret it. I've only had mine on a week now and I can't imagine going back. Absolutely no problems... just more power and noise.... but it's good noise. No CELs, no hesitation, no idle problems....nothing.. and the power increase is immediate and noticable.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts