Subaru WRX Forum banner

Blitz SUS air intake!

3K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  WRXin' 
#1 ·
Anyone has one and how much of a performance improvement does it give you? I used to have AEM CAI, which in my opinion did not make any noticeble difference... how do you clean the Blitz SUS filter? can you just buy a replacement filter for it or do you need to clean it just like K&N filter?

#2 ·
My Blitz SUS and Nur Spec axle-back combo got me to 202 awhp. It was on a Mustang dyno, which at Cobb Tuning usually has stock WRXs at 185-190 awhp.

Since the SUS is just a stainless steel mesh, all you need to do to clean it is take it off and wash it. No oil needed.

#3 ·
Verdugo said:
My Blitz SUS and Nur Spec axle-back combo got me to 202 awhp. It was on a Mustang dyno, which at Cobb Tuning usually has stock WRXs at 185-190 awhp.

Since the SUS is just a stainless steel mesh, all you need to do to clean it is take it off and wash it. No oil needed.
Any difficulty during installation of the SUS intake?
How well does everything fit onto the car?

More detail please..

I have my Blitz SUS on order, I should be receiving it some time next week.

CAT

#5 ·
Everything fits perfectly. It's a really easy install...just take out your stock airbox and put the Blitz in its place. It comes with a mounting bar too to hold it in place. Fits perfectly.

#6 · (Edited)
how's it sound? does it sound like AEM CAI? doesn't the metal mesh hold heat resulting in heating up of incoming air? I used to own AEM CAI which I got rid of due to unnoticeble performance gain....

#7 ·
WRXreX said:
how's it sound? does it sound like AEM CAI? doesn't the metal mesh hold heat resulting in heating up of incoming air? I used to own AEM CAI which I got rid of due to unnoticeble performance gain....
The metal mesh doesn't heat up at all if that's what you're asking. There's also been countless discussions here on the forum concluding that the temperature of the incoming air does not make as big of a difference on turbo cars than on naturally aspirated cars, so you don't need to worry about that.

I've been in Ivan's car with an Injen CAI and my Blitz SUS is much louder.

#8 ·
I have found my new Intake! I was having debates with myself on this topic, I had wanted the Injen becuase of how it looked, and having delt with Injen before, I know they make good stuff. But since everyone here seems to believe there is more to be had by the Blitz then I'm down! That'll be just one more thing in my car that is Blitz. Might as well go all out.

#9 ·
AE2RSM said:
I have found my new Intake! I was having debates with myself on this topic, I had wanted the Injen becuase of how it looked, and having delt with Injen before, I know they make good stuff. But since everyone here seems to believe there is more to be had by the Blitz then I'm down! That'll be just one more thing in my car that is Blitz. Might as well go all out.
Yeah, I'm as convinced as you are. Another cool thing about the Blitz SUS as opposed to the CAI is that it's a hell of a lot easier to reach and clean, and you don't have to oil it everytime you clean it. The whole oiling thing got real annoying on my last car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.