Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, this blitz is not a full cold air system like the injen and aem, but i was told it gets better performance? is that true? which kinda air filter do you guys recommand? thanks

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
Yep, the Blitz SUS is a short ram and not a CAI. The benefits come from the amount of air that can actually flow through the SUS's steel mesh filter and the lack of air travel distance (don't quote me on this though) into the engine. If you're not planning on getting a unichip, the Blitz SUS is probably the best out there (haven't heard much from the Greddy intake yet).

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
gqzboy said:
Hi, this blitz is not a full cold air system like the injen and aem, but i was told it gets better performance? is that true? which kinda air filter do you guys recommand? thanks
The biggest issue is that with a turbo, the air charge is heated as it gets compressed in the turbo (hence the need for an intercooler). Therefore any benefit of a CAI is lost since the air is heated back up anyway.

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
dark_rex said:
what other short rams are out there? AEM hasn't released one for the '02 model yet. so is Blitz it?

dR
I'm waiting for AEM to release theirs...I'd be interested to see how well it performs. SARD also makes a short ram but I haven't seen anyone who has it, nor has given a review for it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Blitz is great for performance, but not so great for filtering....Still better than the HKS Mega Flow though :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
PssshhhMr2 said:
Blitz is great for performance, but not so great for filtering....Still better than the HKS Mega Flow though :rolleyes:
Indeed, I mean how much do you really think a stainless steel mesh will filter out? hehe :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Haha yeah, common sense when you look at it...Its huge though, flows very well. I had it, but switched to an ARC intake which is much better.

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
PssshhhMr2 said:
Haha yeah, common sense when you look at it...Its huge though, flows very well. I had it, but switched to an ARC intake which is much better.
No ARC for us :(

·
Banned
7,636 Posts
can someone post some pics of their shortam? i know i can make one, i just need to get the diameter, and where the bends are in the intake pipe.

then i'll just grab a K&N cone filter, and i'll have a custon shortram, with good filtering for under $100. it's such a simple technology, i hate to pay $200 to $300 for it.

pics anyone?

dR

·
Registered
295 Posts
Verdugo said:

No ARC for us :(
Ya know there's an ARC filter in the Hyper Rev mag, but it might be for the GC8. Personally, I'm waiting for the Blitz Sonic Power Filter. Ahh, so nice. It uses the Blitz LM core, but it has an adjustable casing so that you can tune the sound it makes! And it's red anodized and silver polished, so pretty....has anyone else seen it?

·
2,210 Posts
dark_rex said:
can someone post some pics of their shortam? i know i can make one, i just need to get the diameter, and where the bends are in the intake pipe.

then i'll just grab a K&N cone filter, and i'll have a custon shortram, with good filtering for under $100. it's such a simple technology, i hate to pay $200 to $300 for it.

pics anyone?

dR
dR,

With your ability to source parts for cheap... maybe you could run a little side business of assembling and selling these to ClubWRX members for a reasonable premium. :D

-Pace

·
Registered
201 Posts
dark_rex,

I will sell you my Blitz SUS LM intake for $145.00. the intake has less that 60 miles on it. I will also pay for the shiping if you buy today. Gound UPS that is.

·
Registered
201 Posts
LM

·
Registered
27 Posts
ARC is no cheap man, but great stuff !!!
I checked the price, it's like 600CAD without shipping.
man....gotta save up some cash for that.:D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts