Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought an SBC-ID boost controller and a Speed meter,,both from Blitz.
When i installed it the speed meter was not working,,then i read the manual and i noticed i have to send one wire from the speed meter from the ECU..
how do i do that??Anybody knows if this is correct??
i have to link it to the ECU??
Thanks
Tuca

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What means this??
Ignition SW ON
(Engine OFF)???
and
Engine ON (Idling)???
those are in the chart and they are 0 or 5 in values,,what means this??
does my power meter have a connector to connect straight away to the ECU???
will i need to buy something?
Thanks
Tuca

·
1,263 Posts
you do not need to worry about the values in the table - just tells you which wire is the speed signal wire.

The thing you need is a splice connector - it should have come with the power meter. It will be a little piece of plastic with a little piece of metal in it.

Any auto shop will have them. They are a couple of bucks for about 20 of them.

·
Registered
554 Posts
It sounds like you may need to take it to your local import performance shop before the ECU gets blown.

Justin

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
Hello Tuca,

Word of advise- do as much research as you can BEFORE the actaul midfication of your car, especially when you get into wires etc. Another word, if you're not sure what you're doing, don't do it becuase it can cause a huge headache once things goes wrong. Make sure you're confident enough to work on things or see if someone with more experience can help you with the install whether it's a friend or a shop. The last thing any of us wants to hear from you is that something went wrong :)

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Blazin,
I am not an expert and i did not make the mods.
I am too inexperienced to do them.
A friend of mine here,he makes Auto Stereo sounds and he installs NOS too and he make some car preparation for track.
He once installed a SBC-ID as mine on a friend of ours car,,it was a WRX also.
The guy had it in his car for a long time and no problems.
The problem was this friend of mine never installed a Speed meter ID and the instructions are in Japanese.
But now i think i know all the teory so he can execute.
The only thing is that i dont know how to get access to the ECU.
Blazin,,another thing,,try to read a thread i posted as melted and take a look there and give your opinion please =)
Thanks
Tuca

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
Sorry there was a slight misunderstanding and trust me I didn't mean to come off sounding like "don't do it becuase you don't know how," but instead "make sure you know exactly what you're doing before doing it." Things like that but it just worries me and other moderators :)

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Blazin.
I know what you meant.
anyway i think its good that you get worried,,this shows you are really caring about me =)
but i wouldnt make it alone.
Thanks for the help
Tuca

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.