ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i traded a guy on nasioc my stock solenoid + $100 for his blitz sbc-id3. In case you dont know that is a GREAT deal! Installed it yesterday and it took me about 3hrs. im a neat freak so everything had to be nice and neat and look "factory". Overall install was easy just running the wires was tricky. i am protuned for 18.5 psi but boost comes on VERY conservatively/boring. I wanted the blitz mainly for the dual solenoids and the auto adjusting mode. Well i set it to 19 psi and the limiter to 20. I did some pulls and by around the 3rd one the boost had been adjusted. WOW what a huge difference it made! its like a new car. When boost hits it'll push ya back into the seat and hold ya there. i love it! i also like how if i hit my 20psi limit i can adjust how much boost to back it down (mine backs it down to 19.5), instead of just continually overboosting like before. Everyone is against EBC's but if used properly i think they are quite effective. Also, i dont know if this is normal or what, but sometimes the solenoids sound like a bird squawking in the engine bay. i assume this is normal as i have heard they can be noisy at times.

Great product and well worth the $100! :)

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bah! do you always got to rain on my parade! lol no i didn't do any logs as i do not have a laptop currently. its not like im running completely un-tuned. what would it hurt if i ran 18.5 psi? im tuned for it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Everyone is against EBC's but if used properly i think they are quite effective. Also, i dont know if this is normal or what, but sometimes the solenoids sound like a bird squawking in the engine bay. i assume this is normal as i have heard they can be noisy at times.
Well yes everyone's against EBC's cuz it's cheaper to just adjust boost from the ECU :sadwave:

Most times nowadays....if folks are playing around with the stocker boost solenoid...they're probably replacing it with an aftermarket one (GM/Perrin/Prodrive) etc for better boost control on larger turbos, and control for that is done by the ECU as well.

But that aside, yes...the EBC can be a potent tool when done up properly/tuned in your car. Be sure to do a log to check A/F ratios (wideband please!!) and other parameters. Your car can feel fast on top end when it's running a leaner A/F ratio and is in open loop too (don't quote me on the OL part).....but you don't want to risk damaging your engine.

Let us know how it goes. :cool:

but sometimes the solenoids sound like a bird squawking in the engine bay
Yep they can be noisy.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i had a GM bcs but it was only in bleed mode, tuner said i shouldn't use it in blocker mode. :screwy: like i said before i only paid $100 for the blitz, so its not like i just dopped 400+ on one. i turned the target boost down to 18.5 and limit to 19 to be safe until i can get my 20psi Enginuity tune. :cool: i would of just flashed an XPT map (to try out the gm in blocker mode) but i have 650 injectors so they wont work with mine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts