Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i hear blitz has a filter/kit combo for the wrx! does anyone have this setup? do you notice any difference in performance?? :eek:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its just a cone filter but also a flange of some sort that replaces the plastic intake box up to the sensor...im thinking mas sensor? i might be wrong...if i find the pic of it ill post it.

methadon

·
Registered
400 Posts
I would just remove the silencer and drop in a K&N filter. That way you retain the cold air from the fender well.

Or consider a CAI from M2 or Ingen.

·
1,911 Posts
Yes it sits in the engine compartment but I suspect it makes little difference. I think flow is probably more important than filter location. All the Japanese tuner cars putting out over 300 hp have filters mounted underhood. If I had a local AWD dyno, I'd run some tests. Unfortunately that is not the case.

·
1,911 Posts
Blitz intake WAY outflows the K&N filter. It's actually a really nice kit. I got the Injen cold air because it was available first but I think I would have used the Blitz had it been available back then. Maybe I'll switch later on.

·
Registered
99 Posts
i have seen the blitz on a guys wagon. he told me he likes the sound and he said he can feel more in the midrange torque. not too much more compared to the stock with the k&n or an itg. the inlet pipe that goes to the intercooler is whats goin to make a more noticable difference. i have emailed bpm about theirs and im waiting on a response from them.

joe

·
Registered
66 Posts
A higher flowing intake which is located in the Engine compartment (one that draws in hot air) will be less efficient then a slightly more restrictive intake drawing in colder air. Cooler air equals more HP. Why do you think we use an intercooler? Same purpose for a CAI, to make the intake air as dense as possible.
Hope this helps.

·
1,911 Posts
Yes temperatures matter somewhat but inlet to the turbo temperatures have less of an effect than temperatures of the air actually entering the motor (post intercoolr). I doubt that 10+ degrees of intake temperature difference will make moe than 2-3 degrees differnce in after turbo/pre intercooler temps and even less of an effect after intercooling.

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
They just tested in the newest Super Street? I'm not sure becuase I get all kinds of magazines... anyways I think they got a 11-12HP gain from the filter alone. The filter itself retails at around $220 though but you get about 2-3 times the HP gain compared to K&N.

·
Registered
8 Posts
can u post up where u can get blitz intake kit for the wrx? i heard its REALLY NICE>>!!! but the thing is i cant find it anywhere...so help me out,,,:D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts