Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do you think this is the best turbo timer? does blitz have a web site? where is the cheepest place to get one. will n.o.p.i. have it i went to nopi web site but cant find blitz turbo timer. how dose the turbo time boost gauge read, psi or bar? do you recomend the plug and play wiring harness?:confused:

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
god, what is your webpage. also seeing how I know little about TT, what does the harness provide, is it just a holder for it or is it a electrical thing. I have read about splicing to install some TT and would rather not do that.

Bryan

·
1,911 Posts
The harness allows you to simply plug it in to install. If you do not have harness you have to cut and splice your wiring underneath the dash. There is no splicing involved in the TT except to tap into the vacuum line for the boost gauge. That is about it.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Do you need to actually plug the vacum line into the TT, I know some of the TT have the boost guage built into them. But what if you don't want to use their boost guage, could you just skip spliting the vacum line?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
do they (anyone) make a turbo timer / boost controler / boost gauge all in one unit? if not they should . if the answer is yes please give info on name and where to get / price

·
1,911 Posts
Power Enterprise has a boost controller and 60mm boost gauge all in one but it does not do turbo timer functions. The TT will not work with factory alarm at all unless you do some custom wiring. Yes, you do plug the vacuum line directly into the TT control box. Not the display unit though. If you do not need a boost gauge just get the FATT DC timer. Works just as well, cheaper and no boost gauge.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
since it dose not work w/ factory alarm, does that mean i wont be able to arm the alarm and have the turbo timer idle the engine. give me an example of how a turbo timer would work w/ an alarm

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
I've got a Blitz Dual TT right now and I just went ahead and got a better alarm for my car rather than getting it rewired to work with my TT. The stock alarm wouldn't set with the turbo timer at all. I could lock the door manually and walk away but I don't think the stock alarm will set that way. So yeah, it really sucked when I had to sit in my car and wait for the turbo timer to count down instead of just walking away and setting the alarm.

I don't know if you can rewire the stock alarm to work with a turbo timer, but make sure that if you get an upgraded alarm, the technicians know what they're doing. I had to bring my car to my buddy to fix mine because the fools that installed my alarm at CarToys didn't set it right, and if my timer went above 1:15, my alarm would go off! Bah!

In any case, the Dual TT is a good choice if you want a boost gauge too. Blitz makes great stuff and I've pretty much been sticking with them for all my performance needs thus far. Now I just need to put that lap timer to work :)

·
Registered
306 Posts
The alarm..... well, I hooked up my Dual TT myself with the help of many posts here and at IClub. Right now, everytime I push it hard, I usally slow down before I get to my destination, you know, respecting the speed limit and park the car. By the time I do that, the auto countdown is already below one minute. But I always use my default setting of one minute. So I park my car, remove the key, the countdown is on, walk out, and use my remote to lock the car, and engage the alarm. The car shuts off, and the alarm is activated. Now, there were different posts. One of them said, just cut 2 wires and it will work that way. True. But somebody said that if you use that setup, and the alarm goes off once, it won't reset itself and basically, your car is not protected by the alarm anymore unless you go and reset itself manually by unlocking and locking your car again with the remote. So I need to do more testing. Info are in the tutorial section. It's been a while and I'm not sure I remember clearly how I wired mine so don't ask me right now to go more in details.
I think if you have some money, just upgrade your alarm system. But then again, when an alarm goes off nowadays, who gives a sh*t.... sad. So some kills switches, a club, an angry pitbull and you should be fine. :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
I haven't played with mine much yet, but I have the same thing, I plugged the harness in, the alarm went off. I shut the alarm off, and there you go. my alarm automatically arms when you shut the door with the engine off. the only problem I have so far is if the tt is running, the alarm won't arm, it needs some sort of sensor for the door close.

the only thing my remote does is disarm the alarm, doesn't arm it I don't think, I'll have to do some tests later

1 - 13 of 13 Posts