ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last night i accidentally blew a fuse. i was reading the manual and the blown fuse in in the "passenger compartment fuse box" i was unable to locate this. if anyone can help, that was be great.

·
Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with
8,921 Posts
It's on the drivers side behind the coin tray. It's located right above the hood release.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
It's on the drivers side behind the coin tray. It's located right above the hood release.
We don't have coin trays in the '11s :p

Either way, it's right where Sir James says. By the hood release there is a panel that comes right off and all the fuses are there.

and +1 to Rage's question.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was putting an blue LED's strip and im guessing it blew the fuse for the interrior lighting because the dome lights, and footwell LED's dont come on

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thank you for the help! haha should be fun fitting my 6 foot tall, 275 lb fat a** in a way that will allow me to easily work on the fuses haha

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
It's easy, I'm like 6'1" and about 275 and I could get in there all deep (THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID) to do my boost gauge.

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts
You should kneel on the floor outside the car .it will give you easier access to the fuse box.You also need ATM replacement fuses.

Something like this

·
8,921 Posts
I was putting an blue LED's strip and im guessing it blew the fuse for the interrior lighting because the dome lights, and footwell LED's dont come on
As a general guideline, disconnected the battery when you're working with anything electrical in your car.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
okay, thank you for all input, i should be home in an hour or so to check out my situation. also i noticed this morning the key fob wouldn't unlock or lock the car, but the button on drivers door still does. so im guessing its on the same fuse? also cant i put a replacement fuse in there until i can run to autozone?

·
8,921 Posts
okay, thank you for all input, i should be home in an hour or so to check out my situation. also i noticed this morning the key fob wouldn't unlock or lock the car, but the button on drivers door still does. so im guessing its on the same fuse? also cant i put a replacement fuse in there until i can run to autozone?
You should have extra fuses in the fuse box under the hood of the car.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yea thats what im referring to when i said "put a replacement til i run to autozone"

i ask this because someone mite suggest using a different company fuse, or different type of fuse or something. I don't now very much so as much advice as i can get, the better. so my plan for right now is locate the blown fuse, replace it with one from the replacements under the hood, drive to autozone and replace the replacements (i want to have replacement fuses on me at all times.)

·
8,921 Posts
Auto-zone carries fuse kits. I have one in my car.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
just got hime to check out my situation. had no idea that little door thing pops out to allow access to the fuse box. i thought i was gunna have to go up behind the dash. this seems much easier. just eatin my sandwich for lunch then im gunna go search for the blown fuse. thanks for all the help

·
8,921 Posts
just got hime to check out my situation. had no idea that little door thing pops out to allow access to the fuse box. i thought i was gunna have to go up behind the dash. this seems much easier. just eatin my sandwich for lunch then im gunna go search for the blown fuse. thanks for all the help
The owners manual has a diagram for that fuse box. Should save you some trouble.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
okay so I just went outside, checked the fuse i suspected was blown, it was fine, so i went and checked every single fuse in the dashboard compartment, and in the engine bay compartment, none of them were blown, so what should i do next? the stuff that ive noticed has changed : red footwell lights arent on anymore. dome lights no longer work, gauges and stereo wont light up all the way unless the headlights are on the off position. and my key fob won't unlock, lock, or pop my trunk.
any adivce is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
the car starts. and yea the dimmer only works when headlihts are off, when headlights are on its automatically on the lowest dimmer setting reguardless of the wheel for the dimmer's position.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts