Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If memory serves me, then weren't the yellow wrxs discontinued?
Because I saw one at the dealership yesterday...just wondering?

·
: : J-Lovin Moderator: :
556 Posts
They are a limited color. Why? I have no clue. Sonic yellow on the other hand is just another normal color that you can always get.

Jason

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well then... didn't know we had the choice of 2 different yellows..???lol Don't really care for yellow on cars so I didn't go into it...it may have been a sonic..oh well

Thanx though

·
: : J-Lovin Moderator: :
556 Posts
Blaze is a very light yellow. Kinda like Big bird yellow. Sonic is more like chedder (sp?) yellow.

Jason

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
And unless I'm crazy, there are about 2 or 3 of these still floating around here in Connecticut, waiting to be bought!
I'd have to check the 2 dealerships that I think have them, but I'm pretty sure they do! :p
Not that I'd want one!

If you're looking for one, try Quality Subaru in Wallingford, CT or Stamford Subaru, in Stamford, CT.

·
Registered
699 Posts
sonic and blaze yellows were both limited edition colors. Blaze was the limited color for '02's and Sonic was for '03's.

·
Registered
23 Posts
There were only 450 Blaze Yellow's (all sedans) imported into the U.S. in 2002, Does anyone know how many Sonic Yellow in 2003?

Some dealerships consider these (Blaze Yellow) collectors items, and they were trying to sell them for upwards of 32,000 dollars (When I was shopping for one I checked). So no wonder some dealerships still have them (one in Denver still does) at that price.
I guess it's the rule of economy... reduced supply should equal higher demand hence drive up the price.

Someone want to purchase mine?? ;)

Here is a side-by-side (but remember, picture quality and color representation aren't necessarily accurate). On the left, Blaze Yellow (my car). On the right, Sonic Yellow (taken without permission).

And yes - this thread really belongs in 'exterior and appearance'

·
Registered
847 Posts
i always thought blaze yellow looked like it had sat in the desert for like 10 years with no protection,that side-by-side makes it look like that even more so,IMO

·
Registered
8,886 Posts
PhreeZe said:
They are a limited color. Why? I have no clue. Sonic yellow on the other hand is just another normal color that you can always get.

Jason
you are incorrect... sonic yellow was made on 1500 cars, and you can not order it anymore from subaru, they stoped making them a month or 2 after the 03s started being made

·
Registered
8,886 Posts
i dont like blaze much, looks like someone washed most the paint off of it. as for sonic, thats not that accurate of a pic, i think most sonic owners will agree with me, but the true color of sonic never really comes out in pictures

·
Registered
2 Posts
I love the Blaze color...reminds of the volvo T5R's when they first came out...

the sonic yellow...ehhh...maybe it'd be ok if you live away from NY, but here in Manhattan, you're likely to be hailed down because it's the same yellow as the taxi's...hahaha

·
Registered
23 Posts
ebr0t said:
you are incorrect... sonic yellow was made on 1500 cars, and you can not order it anymore from subaru, they stoped making them a month or 2 after the 03s started being made
I assume that means 1500 cars imported to the U.S.? Were all sonic's sedans? (I haven't seen a sonic wagon).

I have to say, though I wasn't picky about the color when I found a WRX, the Blaze Yellow really grew on me fast, it's very unique (and rare). Definitely apart from the crowd. I'm happy I got it!

·
Registered
400 Posts
I'm looking at my car right now out the window and it is not as washed out as the pic. I think of it as post-it yellow.....:p I like it better then the Sonic because the blaze is diffrent from all the other yellows out there.

·
Registered
8,886 Posts
MountainWRX said:
I assume that means 1500 cars imported to the U.S.? Were all sonic's sedans? (I haven't seen a sonic wagon).
1500 meaning 1500 total, sedans and wagons, not sure how its distributed though. 750/750 or what

1 - 15 of 15 Posts